Featured San Gimignano Properties
1 / 25
San Gimignano house
2 BR / 2 BA / Sleeps 4
San Gimignano house
- Min stay varies
About San Gimignano
Tuscany is home to many beautiful old towns and the historical town of San Gimignano is no exception. With its medieval architecture, vast vineyards, and hospitable locals, San Gimignano is an excellent introduction to the amazing country of Italy. Porto San Giovanni is considered to be the main street in town, but there are plenty of more hidden side streets that have unique restaurants and shopping options, so be sure to explore the entire downtown.
As you stroll, check out some of these top destinations:
- Piazza del Duomo: This main square in the town is surrounded by towers which are over 1,000 years old.
- Torre Grossa: At over 200 feet tall, this is the tallest tower in the city.
- Rocca: This rock offers an amazing panorama of the Tuscan countryside from the top.
- The Collegiata: The main cathedral in the city, this beautiful attraction has a series of frescoes on Old and New Testament subjects.
- Piazza della Cisterna: This beautiful piazza is home to a market every Thursday.
- San Gimignano 1300: Located right in the middle of the town, this museum features a large reconstruction of San Gimignano.
Despite being somewhat small, San Gimignano has an impressive number of events and festivals held year-round. Some of them include the San Gimignano Musica, a series of classical music concerts held in September and October; the Archaeological Summer Camp, excavations at Castelvecchio held every August; and the Medieval Harvest Festival, a series of events every March that include a blessing of the knights, historical parade, and medieval games.
A vacation rental is the preferred option for those staying in San Gimignano. With homes ranging from villas overlooking the beautiful architecture and vineyards in the area, to spacious and luxurious condos in the heart of town, there's sure to be a property available that's right for you.