Featured Sun Valley Properties
About Sun Valley
As one of the most stunning four-season vacation spots around, Sun Valley, Idaho is the perfect family escape. Step outside your vacation rental into the clear, crisp, northern mountain air and explore all of the area's natural beauty. In the summer, be the first to see the sun hit the green hills and mountains with your morning coffee in hand, and then spend the day swimming, fishing, sailing, mountain biking, or white-water rafting in your own backyard.
Visiting Sun Valley, ID during the winter months? You're in luck; the mountain transforms from a hiking and biking hot spot to a skier's paradise. Nestled in the Rocky Mountains of central Idaho stand two mountains: Bald Mountain, for more experienced skiers, and Dollar Mountain, with gentle slopes and white soft powder. Many rentals are just a short walk from these mountains, and offer beautiful views of the lifts.
Here are a few suggested activities for your trip:
- Hop aboard a Trail Creek Sleigh Ride: Take a sleigh ride to the Trail Creek Cabin, and enjoy a cozy meal with the whole family.
- Explore Sun Valley Village: The charming downtown area of Sun Valley is a great place to shop, stroll, people watch, or rest your feet with a cappuccino.
- See a show: Head for the Movie & Opera House located in the heart of Sun Valley Village to enjoy great theatre, opera, or movies. Originally constructed in 1937, The Movie & Opera House holds 340 people, providing a charming and personal feel.
- Visit the Sun Valley Pavilion at the Sun Valley Resort: Absorb the awe-inspiring views of one of the most architecturally impressive buildings in all of Idaho.
- Experience live music: The sky and the mountain scenery seen through the open, free flowing roof of the Sun Valley Pavilion makes this venue the perfect place to enjoy a performance of The Sun Valley Summer Symphony.
- Go ice fishing: During the winter months, the lakes of Sun Valley offer world class ice fishing opportunities.
Get the most out of your Idaho getaway by staying in a vacation rental close to the heart of the village. A condo or rental home can offer great access to Sun Valley ski area destinations and Sun Valley Idaho golf courses. During any season of the year, it's easy to find a vacation rental that offers all the luxury amenities you and your family need. While you're visiting Sun Valley, be sure to save some time to explore other nearby Idaho destinations like Ketchum and McCall.