Featured Taormina Properties
1 / 31
3 BR / 2 BA / Sleeps 8
- 3 night min
Taormina provides the best of a perfect Sicilian beach vacation and an area of breathtaking natural beauty. Come here to explore extraordinary natural wonders and experience history. The prominent feature of the landscape around this medieval village is the Etna Volcano, which is surrounded by dormant lava flows. When you arrive here, you'll want to find a way to divide your time between treks in the mountain and relaxation on the tranquil coast. Be sure to also save some time to explore ancient Greek ruins, wander the side streets and colorful markets of local beach villages and visit the museums and historic monuments.
After watching the brilliant sunset from the deck of sailboat, come back to shore and sample some of Sicily's most energetic and unforgettable nightspots. The restaurants here are world class, and the bars and live music venues along the coast will keep you awake and busy all night long. Here are a few additional suggestions as you plan your trip:
- Take a volcano tour: Take a tour by jeep of the Etna Volcano. Drive up dormant lava flows, trek to old craters, and see stunning views of the Bove Valley from high above.
- Play on the beach: There are plenty of pristine beaches in the Taormina area. Visit Isola Bella to swim in the crystal blue waters, go snorkeling, or just lie in the golden sun and relax.
- Ride the Circumetnea Railway: This scenic railroad provides views of Etna from every angle as it winds its way around the volcano from one town to the next.
- Visit the ancient Greek Amphitheater: Visit the amphitheater, also called the Teatro Greco, which dates back to the 3rd century BC. These Hellenistic ruins were once a theater, and later a performance venue for gladiatorial battles.
- Visit the Duomo Santa Catarina: This ancient Christian church was built on the foundations of a temple to Zeus.
- Take a boat tour of Mazzaro Bay: Take a carter sailing trip and see the beautiful coastline and Mount Etna from a new perspective.
You'll find endless natural vistas and welcoming locals no matter what time of year you schedule your visit to Taormina. You'll also have no trouble finding a vacation rental for your stay. Rent a sleek condo overlooking the ocean during the height of the summer and you'll be here in time for the famous annual Arts Festival. Or book a luxurious villa during the winter months when snow covers the mountainside.