About Gold Coast
Located in Queensland, which borders the Coral Sea and Pacific Ocean in northeastern Australia, the Gold Coast features some of the most breathtaking beaches in the world as well as some beautifully preserved rainforest areas. Those two factors alone make it a big draw for travelers, and the fact that it is home of numerous theme parks, makes it something extra special. Nature lovers will relish all of the exquisite landscape as well as the various wildlife sanctuaries and parks. Outdoor enthusiasts will have a host of activities to choose from including hiking, biking, swimming, sailing, and golfing. Art, culture, and history buffs will find no shortage of galleries, museums, performances, and sites to visit. While you are here, be sure to take advantage of the buzzing nightlife, great shopping, and fine dining as well.
Some of the attractions you will want to experience include:
- Australian Outback Spectacular: This entertainment extravaganza includes a dinner, drinks, a show, and a stockman's hat. The elaborate show, "Heroes of the Light Horse," details one of the country's most remarkable true stories about the celebrated mounted troops that served in the Second Boer War and the First World War.
- Sea World: This park showcases some of the best marine life in the country. Highlights include: Shark Bay, the world's biggest man-made lagoon system for sharks, the Polar Bear Shores, the ideal spot to watch the bears swim, play, and interact, and numerous rides, shows, and the country's very first Sesame Street-themed area.
- David Fleay Wildlife Park: Situated in the center of Burleigh Heads, this park provides guests with an innovative wildlife experience. Visitors can wander through the rainforest, wetland, and eucalyptus woods while encountering spectacular native Queensland wildlife.
- Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary: This is the region's top native wildlife, adventure, and coastal rainforest experience. Visitors can get close to hundreds of animals indigenous to Australia, plus Aboriginal and Islander dancers showcase their talent and traditions during daily performances.
- White Water World: If you love water parks, this is the place to be. Five amazing, extreme waterslides make up this attraction in addition to Nickelodeon's Pipeline Plunge and Wiggle Bay. There is also plenty of amusement to be had in Gold Coast theme parks, and those who crave a wet and wild ride can head straight for the Water World Gold Coast - it can't be beat!
- The Arts Center: As the Gold Coast's major cultural hub, this center combines visual and performing arts and brings them to the residents of South East Queensland. The facility includes the Arts Theatre, The Gold Coast City Gallery, two cinemas, and the Arts Cafe.
A vacation rental on the Gold Coast is an illuminating Australian experience. Luckily, rental options are plentiful no matter what time of the year you visit.