The beaches here have been a draw for travelers looking to kick back and soak in the sun as well as those looking to partake in exciting water sports, especially diving. Goa is also home to a number of temples, wildlife sanctuaries, and historical sites, so culture lovers and nature enthusiasts will find a variety of attractions to enjoy too. Arts, entertainment, dining, and shopping opportunities continue to increase since the influx of foreign excursions has been on the rise in recent years. Visitors who enjoy hitting the town after hours will find the nightlife in Goa buzzing as well!
Some of the sights you will want to see include:
- Spice Village: Visitors wanting to view all of the unique fauna and flora of South India should head here. Spice Village provides guests with an excellent opportunity to learn all about the spices and how they appear in their natural environment.
- Periyar Reserve: This is the most well-known wildlife sanctuary in South India. It is known primarily for its tigers, but other big attractions include wild elephants and the 100-year-old artificial lake that they play in. There are also more than 100 species of butterflies that reside here.
- Calangute Beach: Dubbed "The Queen of the Beaches," Calangute Beach is one of India's best stretches of sand. It lies on the shores of the Arabian Sea and features beautiful white sands looking out onto clear, crystal blue waters. It is a great place to relax or enjoy outdoor activities such as parasailing.
- Salim Ali Bird Sanctuary: This sanctuary is home to a large number of beautiful and rare birds. Visitors are able to view how these delicate creatures live, all while seeing them in some truly spectacular natural surroundings.
- Sree Mangueshi Temple: This temple was constructed for the worship of Lord Mangueshi, who is one of the many incarnations of Shiva. It is an exquisite structure that includes a seven-story tower of oil lamps, known as Deepmal, which are lit to honor Lord Shiva.
- Netravali Sanctuary: This wildlife sanctuary features some of the world's most exotic animals. Visitors will be astonished by the beauty and uniqueness of these creatures, some of which include king cobras, great pied hornbills, black panthers, and giant squirrels.
Goa is popular city to visit in India, and opting for a vacation rental provides everything you need to enjoy it. Whether you book a villa downtown or an apartment or condo closer to the countryside, you won't be disappointed!