Featured Cannon Beach Properties
About Cannon Beach
A scenic hideaway on Oregon's northern coast, Cannon Beach is a town of dramatic character and wondrous beauty that draws visitors from all over the world. With a scenic coast and endless ways to enjoy the unspoiled wilderness surrounding the town, Cannon Beach is also surprisingly cultured considering its small size.
If you're heading to Cannon Beach, some of the sights and activities you may want to include in your itinerary are:
- Hit the coast: Cannon Beach's waterfront is its primary attraction, with seasonal swimming, water sports and recreational boating opportunities that rank among the finest in the state.
- Whale watching: You can hop aboard a charter and head out for a day in the Pacific Ocean to catch the awesome sight of a whale in its natural habitat.
- Winery tours: Oregon is gaining international recognition as a wine region, and the Northern Oregon Coast region is home to a growing number of vineyards. Taking a tour is a perfect way to sample the local product while enjoying the serene beauty of the countryside.
- Commune with nature: There are endless ways to enjoy Oregon's great outdoors, including some of the best hiking and fishing in North America.
- Lewis & Clark National Historical Park: Commemorating the adventures of the legendary explorers Meriwether Lewis and William Clark, which passed through present-day Oregon in the early 1800s, this national park is an important landmark of the region's history and contains some of the finest examples of its natural splendor.
Spring, summer and early fall tend to be sunny and warm, offering perfect conditions for exploring the region's natural beauty. Many visitors to Cannon Beach and the Northern Oregon Coast find that vacation rental homes offer the most comfort and convenience when it comes to accommodations. Renting a rustic cabin is an ideal way to experience the local flavor while enjoying all the comforts of home whereas a spacious condo is perfect for families and larger groups.
The Northern Oregon Coast is home to dozens of quaint communities, spectacular beaches and natural wonders, all of which are easily accessible by car from Cannon Beach. To get around the town itself, you can also take the coast shuttle; it affords you the luxury of relaxing and taking in the calming sights and sounds of this peaceful corner of the Pacific Northwest.