Featured Duck Properties
1 BR / 1 BA / Sleeps 4Details
- 7 night min
Known for its relative solitude, beautiful architecture, and clean, natural beaches, Duck is consistently ranked as one of the United States' most welcoming vacation spots for families with young children. Located in the Outer Banks area of North Carolina, the laid back, quiet, historic village of Duck lies on a strip of land between the Atlantic Ocean and Currituck Sound. Some of the most popular local attractions here are notably family friendly, like the North Carolina Aquarium and the Adventure Museum at Festival Park. But there's plenty for adults as well, especially history enthusiasts, lovers of nature, and those who enjoy a busy, beachy nightlife - not to mention world-class seafood restaurants.
Here are a few suggestions of things to do in Duck:
- Go kayaking: Few things are more beautiful than the serene waters of the Outer Banks at sunrise. If you don't own a kayak or canoe, it's easy to rent one.
- Tour the lighthouses: There are several famous lighthouses around the Outer Banks, including the ones at Currituck Beach, Bodie Island, and Hatteras.
- Learn about history: Two excellent places to start are the Fort Raleigh Historic Site and the North Carolina Maritime Museum. Understanding the maritime history of the sound provides a deeper appreciation of its architecture, culture, and traditions.
- Explore the natural beauty of Duck: Don't miss the Pea Island National Wildlife Refuge for a chance to view some elusive species of shore birds.
- Visit Duck's Cottage: This quaint and locally famous bookstore and coffee shop is a great place to spend a few quiet hours and soak up the regional atmosphere.
- The Wright Brothers Memorial: Visit this memorial dedicated to the famous brothers and their experiences at Kitty Hawk.
No matter how long you decide to stay or what time of year you decide to visit, it's easy to find a condo, apartment, or summer home in Duck that is available by the day, week, or even month.