Featured Gloucester Properties
Located on the northern shores of Massachusetts, the town of Gloucester is a vacation paradise that generations of travelers return to every year. The winding streets of this historic town are lined with quaint shops, interesting museums, charming cafes, and unforgettable seafood restaurants. Come here to experience the beautiful rocky coastlines and soft sand beaches of Massachusetts. Hike the trails and stop at breathtaking overlooks with views of the Atlantic Ocean. Visit historic homes and lighthouses. Spend the afternoon swimming, snorkeling, or relaxing on a pristine beach. And then go home at night to your own private vacation rental and host dinner for your family and friends. Many vacation rentals in Gloucester are less expensive than hotels and offer more space and better amenities. Wake up in the morning and watch the sun rise from the deck of your beach condo or summer house, then head downtown to spend the day exploring and making fun vacation memories.
Here are a few additional suggestions for your trip:
- Take a brewery tour: Gloucester is the traditional home of several long established breweries and craft distilleries. Taste some of the area's award winning artisanal spirits.
- Tour Hammond Castle: This extraordinary structure was once the home of John Hays Jr., a wealthy eccentric who amassed an extensive collection of medieval artifacts.
- Visit the Fisherman's Memorial Monument: This fascinating memorial was built in 1925 to honor all the fishermen who have been lost at sea since the 17th century.
- Play on the beach: Swim, build a sandcastle, or just relax on Good Harbor Beach or Stage Fort Park and Beach, two of the most popular beach destinations in the area.
- Visit the Rocky Neck Art Colony: This is the oldest established colony for artists in the United States and has been a destination for art lovers since the 1840s.
- Visit the Beauport Museum or the Cape Ann Historical Museum: Learn more about the fascinating history of Cape Ann with the changing exhibits of these popular museums.
Gloucester offers an ideal scenic back drop for whatever vacation activities you have in mind. The best way to enjoy it all is with a stay in your own apartment rental or summer condo. Find a luxury vacation rental just a few steps from the beach that offers all the amenities you and your family need. While you're visiting Gloucester, be sure to plan day trips to coastal destinations nearby like Cape Cod and Plymouth.