Rentals Near Inverness Attractions
Featured Inverness Properties
"Inverness" is a Gaelic word meaning "mouth of the river", a term that perfectly describes the tiny town of Inverness, Florida which lies at the foot of a chain of beautiful lakes in Citrus County. Just a few miles from Florida's Gulf Coast, Inverness offers the very best of a picturesque Florida vacation. There are plenty of fun activities here for the whole family, including museums and historic sites, quaint shopping areas, and hiking trails throughout the parks and lake areas.
Make the most of your trip to Inverness by staying in a private vacation rental that offers all the space and luxury amenities you and your family need. Vacation rental opportunities are widely available here and are usually less expensive than hotels. In the morning, leave your condo or lakeside cabin behind and head for the ocean. Or, explore the charming downtown neighborhood of Inverness and see local attractions and art galleries. After a day of hiking, shopping, mini-golf, waterparks, and fun activities, come home to your vacation rental and host a barbeque on your private deck.
Here are a few additional suggestions for your trip:
- Visit the Old Courthouse Heritage Museum: Take a tour of this historic structure and learn more about Florida's rich history.
- Visit Fort Cooper State Park: The best Inverness campsites and hiking trails can be found in and around Fort Cooper. Hike or jog the trails during the day and then spend a night under the stars.
- Rent a bike: Rent a bike in downtown Inverness then head for the park or peddle along the lakeside trails with a picnic lunch.
- Relax in the spa: The Inverness spa experience is truly world-class. Spend an afternoon indulging in some head-to-toe pampering with a manicure, pedicure, seaweed wrap, or hot rock massage.
- Play golf: Tee off at the Lakeside Golf and Country Club, one of the most popular champion caliber courses in the Inverness area.
- Take a trip to the beach: The beautiful white sand beaches of the Gulf Coast are just a few miles away from Inverness. Pack some cool drinks and beach chairs and spend a day swimming, sailing, or just soaking up the sun.
Inverness is the perfect place to plan a weekend getaway, a romantic escape, or an idyllic family vacation. If you're planning a trip here, consider a secluded lakeside cabin or downtown condo in the heart of the shopping areas and nightlife. You'll have no trouble finding the perfect vacation rental that offers everything you need to host your family and friends in style. While you're visiting Inverness, consider exploring other popular destinations nearby like Crystal Beach or Indialantic.