Rentals Near Jenner Attractions
Featured Jenner Properties
Where the Russian River enters the Pacific Ocean you'll find the quiet Sonoma County town of Jenner. With just a few hundred year round residents, Jenner has retained an atmosphere of friendliness and seclusion. This is a place of warm hospitality, breathtaking ocean vistas and fascinating local history. Spend the afternoon exploring the coastal wilderness. Put on your hiking shoes and bring your bird watching binoculars. The long trails of the protected state and local parks here, like Salt Point State Park, offer stunning ocean overlooks and opportunities to encounter rare birds and wildlife.
While you're in Jenner, visit Fort Ross Historic Park where Russia once maintained a North American military presence and established a remote outpost for sea otter hunters. Fort Ross now maintains a preserved historic chapel and evidence of California's first windmills and shipbuilding facilities.
After the sun goes down, wander into the heart of Jenner and dine at a friendly, locally owned restaurant. Then enjoy the laid back atmosphere of the town's bars and live music venues.
Here are a few additional suggestions as you plan your visit to Jenner:
- See the Bodega Highlands: Hike to this rugged promontory above the crashing waves and see one of the geological treasures of the California coast.
- Go diving: Explore the underwater reserves located in the heart of Salt Point State Park. This extraordinary location draws serious divers from all over the country.
- Play on the beach: Jenner Beach and Blind Beach are popular places to swim, sunbathe, surf and relax. These are just two of the many golden sand beaches and secluded coves along the coast.
- Go horseback riding: Saddle up and ride along the quiet undisturbed trails of Salt Point and Stillwater Cove.
- Go boating: Rent a sea kayak and explore the secluded coves and marine ecosystems at the base of Jenner's coastal cliffs.
You'll never run out of fun things to do here and you'll also have no trouble finding a place to stay. Vacation rental opportunities are widely available in Jenner during every season of the year. Even though the town is small, you can easily find an elegant downtown or beachside condo that offers all the comforts of home and lies within easy reach of hiking trails, shopping areas and nightlife. If you have time for a scenic inland drive, visit the charming nearby towns of Monte Rio and Guerneville.