Featured Nelson Properties
1 / 26
4 BR / 2 BA / Sleeps 8
- Min stay varies
5 BR / 3 BA / Sleeps 12Details
- Min stay varies
Situated on New Zealand's South Island, Nelson resides right by the Tasman Bay's eastern shores. It is the cultural and economic hub of the region. Nelson, established in 1841, is the oldest settled city on South Island and the second-oldest in New Zealand. The landscape features several beautiful beaches, a sheltered harbor, and numerous mountains. This area is the gateway for a number of lush natural parks too including Abel Tasman National Park, Kahurangi National Park, and Nelson Lakes National Park. Nelson is a popular spot for ecotourism and adventure expeditions. Outdoor enthusiasts will encounter caving, hiking, and climbing while history buffs can relish the discovery of several historic sites and Victorian structures. There is also a burgeoning arts scene, plenty of dining options, and a wealth of entertainment and shopping opportunities.
Here are a few additional suggestions of things to do in Nelson:
- The Nelson Provincial Museum: This museum is home to a collection of artifacts that are locally significant. There are over one million items in its holdings, which have been gathered during the past 160 years.
- The World of Wearable Art and Classic Cars Museum: This structure contains displays of classic and rare collectible cars as well as works from the yearly Montana WOW Awards Show of wearable art.
- The Natureland Zoological Park: This facility is located close to Tahunanui Beach. It is a popular spot for families and children who want to interact with wallabies, monkeys, meerkats, and llamas. There are also numerous turtles, tropical fish, and birds.
- Trafalgar Park: Situated in the center of the city, this large area hosts a number of sporting events, including rugby, cricket, and soccer games.
- The Christ Church Cathedral: Located on upper Trafalgar Street in the heart of the city, this Anglican church features a beautiful facade, well-decorated interiors, and an impressive organ that includes more than 2000 pipes.
- The Amber House: This two-story villa is one of the older homes of Nelson. It is a traditional colonial-style building that was constructed using local elements of Rimu and Matai. The exterior showcases intricately designed cast iron pipes too, making it an intriguing piece of architecture to see.
A vacation rental in Nelson is a great way to experience all that the city has to offer. Book a wood-side cabin or villa in some spectacular surroundings for your next getaway. Or, rent a condo closer to the city center close to great restaurants and a buzzing nightlife.