Featured Rye Properties
1 / 31
4 BR / 3 BA / Sleeps 9
- Min stay varies
The wide variety of shops, charming English style pubs, and quaint cobblestone streets provide a lovely backdrop for the town of Rye. Explore the ruins of Camber Castle, shop at the trendy boutiques along Main Road, or head to the docks for a beautiful sunset.
While you're in Rye, be sure to also save time for some of these must-see attractions and activities:
- Romney Marshes: These wetlands cover over 100 square miles and even have their own breed of sheep that thrive in the conditions of the marshlands.
- Saxon Shore Way: This long distance footpath takes you past several of the main attractions in town.
- Martello Towers: Built as part of England's coastal defense in the 1800s, several of the forts that stand 40 feet high still remain fully intact and have been preserved as historic monuments.
- Go Kitesurfing: Head to Rye Harbor or Camber Sands during the summer months to try your hand at this unique sport where you're drawn across the water on a small board that's powered by a kite.
- Rye Country Market: Head to this local market where you can buy locally made crafts, plants and fresh farm produce.
The East Sussex area of the United Kingdom has several events and festivals throughout the year, and many of them are within a short drive of your future getaway home. Watch the exhibitions, talks and plays all celebrating the life of Thomas Paine during the Revolution and Reason Festival in July, enjoy the classical music and literature of the Rye Festival in September, or head to nearby Eastbourne for the two week celebration of art and culture in March known as the Eastbourne Festival.
A vacation rental is the preferred option for those staying in Rye. Choose a charming apartment just steps from the beach and several of the best restaurants in town, or book a cozy cabin nestled in the English countryside.
There's plenty to do in Rye and East Sussex, but the area is also near some of the other popular English cities and counties. If you have some extra time to explore, the rolling green countryside of Sussex and the world-renowned city of London can all be reached within an hour by car.