Come here to see bakeries and iron shops where workers quietly toil away at ancient tasks. Then turn a corner and find modern upscale clothing boutiques and award winning restaurants. Explore the whitewashed houses and streets of the Turkish quarter. Visit local museums to learn more about the culture and long history of Cypress or walk down the central promenade bordered by palm trees and busy cafes.
When you're ready to head out of town, explore the scenic mountain landscapes and beaches. Cypress is known as a mecca for serious scuba divers because of its fascinating underwater reefs, caves and wrecks. And archeological ruins around the hillsides offer extraordinary glimpses into the development of human civilization. You'll never run out of interesting things to do here in Larnaca!
Here are a few additional suggestions to help you plan your trip:
- Go wreck diving: The Zenobia, a 175 foot ship, sunk under odd circumstances in 1980. Since then it has become a habitat for marine life and a world famous exploration site for scuba divers.
- Visit the Hala Sultan Tekke Mosque: See the inspiring architecture of one of Larnaca's most important cultural and religious sites.
- Play on the beach: Finikoudes Beach is one of the popular beach destinations in the area due to its proximity to Larnaca town. Come here to swim, snorkel, people watch, or just soak up the sun and relax.
- Explore the ruins of Choirokoitia: Visit this incredible site of a 9,000-year-old Neolithic village that has been carefully exposed and preserved by archeologists.
- Visit the Larnaca Museum: Housed in what was once a British prison, this museum showcases a diverse collection of treasures from the Bronze Age.
- Hike the trails: Explore the scenic mountain trails of Pyla and Oroklini by foot, bicycle or all-terrain vehicle. See breathtaking scenery and encounter rare native plants and wildlife.
You'll find endless activities and places to explore in and around Larnaca, and you'll have no trouble finding a perfect place to stay while you're here. Vacation rental opportunities are widely available in the heart of Larnaca Town close to the shopping, dining, museums and nightlife. You may also consider renting an elegant condo with ocean views or a secluded villa just a few steps away from the beach. While you're visiting Larnaca, consider taking a short trip inland to explore the nearby charming town of Aradippou.
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 homes and rooms around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.