Featured Dauphin Island Properties
Dauphin Island house
4 BR / 4 BA / Sleeps 10Details
Dauphin Island house
- Min stay varies
About Dauphin Island
Visit Dauphin Island, a hidden getaway off the coast of Alabama, and experience a truly unique vacation adventure. Dauphin Island offers the best of both natural beauty and stylish relaxation. There are plenty of things to do here for the whole family. Wake up in your private vacation rental and enjoy a cup of coffee on your terrace overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. Then head to the beach and spend the morning lounging on Dauphin Island's legendary golden sand. The beaches here are pristine and secluded and the calm waves are perfect for young children. Go swimming, snorkeling, parasailing, or just soak up the sun and relax. During the afternoon, head downtown and experience Dauphin Island's shopping areas, museums, and historic sites.
After the sun goes down, Dauphin Island is home to some world-class dining venues that offer some of the best seafood on the Alabama coast. Enjoy local gourmet fish and crab dishes, then head out for a night of dancing and live music. When you are ready for bed, come home to your vacation rental and drift off to the sound of the waves.
Here are a few additional suggestions for our trip:
- Wander the Boardwalk: Dauphin Island Boardwalk extends along the Atlantic coast, with pristine beach on one side and restaurants, arcades, cafes, and quirky shopping areas on the other.
- Explore the state and local parks: Dauphin Island camping areas and hiking trails offer miles of natural beauty, popular biking trails, and excellent bird watching opportunities.
- Play golf: Dauphin Island golf courses are great places to tee off almost all year round. Visit the Isle Dauphine Golf Club to play a round or just relax by the pool.
- Visit the Estuarium: The Estuarium is a popular science museum and marine education center dedicated to the study of marine wildlife. Located just two miles from the city center, this is a fun place to spend an afternoon with children.
- Visit Fort Gaines: Spend a day exploring this restored colonial era fort. Learn more about Alabama's early history and see costumed reenactors performing blacksmithing and candle making tasks.
- Take a dolphin watching tour: Charter a boat and head away from the coast to see these playful marine creatures in their natural habitat.
Every year, thousands of visitors come to the Alabama coast for Dauphin Island weddings, family reunions, and weekend getaways with friends. If you're among them, the best way to experience Dauphin Island is by staying in your own private luxury beach condo, summer house, or elegant ocean villa. You'll have no trouble finding the perfect vacation rental just a few steps away from the beach. While you're making plans to visit Dauphin Island, consider day trips to Fort Morgan and Portersville Bay.