Rentals Near Knoxville Attractions
Featured Knoxville Properties
- 2 nights min
- Min stay varies
- 1 night min
Knoxville is a wonderful college town in eastern Tennessee. The city maintains a lively arts and cultural scene and holds numerous music festivals with an emphasis on regional bluegrass, old-time, and country music throughout the year. When it comes to sports, University of Tennessee Knoxville is an athletic powerhouse, ardently loved and supported by the city's residents. Visitors can join in the fun during one of the college's home games, an unforgettable way to experience the local culture.
Eastern Tennessee boasts a pleasingly temperate climate, making it an appropriate destination during any season. Visiting in the spring can be particularly satisfying for nature lovers, when the blooming Dogwood trees are a spectacular sight to behold. For those who love the great outdoors, there are year-round activities in and around the city. In particular, cycling, hiking, and camping are popular in the nearby Smokey Mountains. For golfers, there are 13 courses in Knoxville alone, with more than 25 additional courses in the immediate vicinity.
When in Knoxville, don't miss:
- Knoxville Zoo: One of the top destinations in town, the zoo boasts a surprisingly vast collection of African mammals, along with other exotic species.
- Smokey Mountains: Don't visit Knoxville without taking a trip to the beautiful and beloved mountain range, just a half-hour drive from the city.
- Volunteer Landing: Take a stroll along this wonderful waterfront walkway and marina along the shores of the Tennessee River, dotted with historic placards, shops, and cafes.
- Knoxville Museum of Art: Great for art lovers, the Knoxville Museum boasts a 53,000-square foot gallery with a small permanent collection and rotating monthly exhibits of contemporary art.
- Alex Haley Statue: A huge statue of author and former Knoxville resident Alex Haley is located in Morningside Park.
- Armstrong-Lockett House & W.P. Toms Memorial Gardens: Visit this nicely refurbished 19th century mansion, which features a unique collection of English and American period furniture.
Live like a local in Knoxville by staying in a vacation rental. An apartment rental or condo rental near the university will put you close to Knoxville's restaurants, coffee shops, and music venues. Alternately, the lovely woods around Knoxville are a great place to settle into a cabin rental, surrounded by Dogwood trees.