Featured Rotterdam Properties
Located in Zuid-Holland in the heart of the Netherlands, the vibrant city of Rotterdam offers a perfect blend of historic cultural traditions and youthful 21st century European energy. Explore the bustling medieval side streets and gleaming downtown business areas and shopping districts. Spend the day wandering through Rotterdam museums and art galleries, and taking in the unique architecture of the city center. Then experience Rotterdam's world-class restaurants, live music, and thriving night spots.
The best way to experience the city is by staying in Rotterdam vacation rental. Condo and apartment rentals are often less expensive than hotels in Rotterdam and offer all the luxury amenities you and your family need. Wake up in the morning and watch the sun rise over the city from the private balcony of your condo, and then plan the day's adventures at your own pace. Take a walking tour of the city, see a live theater or dance performance, visit a historic home, or spend the afternoon relaxing in a Rotterdam spa. If you're looking for outdoor adventures, Rotterdam camping areas and scenic hiking trails lie within easy reach of the downtown area. In the evening, come back to your home away from home and host dinner for your family and friends.
Here are a few additional suggestions for your trip:
- Visit the Netherlands Architecture Institute: This fascinating museum offers extensive exhibits of drawings, books, models and photos documenting the architectural evolutions of Rotterdam.
- Spend an evening in the De Rotterdam Steam Ship: Step on board and raise a glass in the bar of this restored 1960's vintage cruise ship.
- Visit the Maritime Museum: The highly interactive and fun exhibits of this popular museum help kids and adults take a step back in time and learn more about the seafaring culture that made Rotterdam what it is today.
- Explore the Rotterdam Zoo: Also called the Diergaarde Blijdorp, this well-maintained zoo is considered one of the best in the country.
- Visit the Museum Boijmans Van Beuningen: The extensive art collection at this museum showcases the work of painters from the middle ages to the present day, including Bosch, Rembrandt, Warhol, and Van Gogh.
- Tour historic architectural sites: Take a guided tour of the structures that document Rotterdam's fascinating architectural history including the Witte Huis, Sonneveld House, and Kijk-Kubus.
No matter what kinds of activities you have in mind for your visit, you'll find what you're looking for in Rotterdam. You'll also find a warm, welcoming energy and plenty of vacation rental options that offer everything you need to relax in style and make fun vacation memories. While you're visiting Rotterdam, save some time to explore other destinations in Europe like Belgium and Luxembourg.