Salt Spring Island
Featured Salt Spring Island Properties
About Salt Spring Island
Saltspring Island attracts travelers from all over the world in search of a fun, laid back, and unique wilderness vacation destination. This is the perfect place to escape for a romantic getaway or a family adventure, and it lies conveniently close to the Washington state border. Come here to experience fun annual festivals, champion caliber golf, and charming art galleries featuring the work of local painters and sculptors.
Get the most out of your Saltspring Island getaway with a stay in a vacation rental. Wake up in your condo rental and enjoy breakfast on your balcony overlooking the ocean as the sun rises. In the morning, leave your condo behind and explore the shops, galleries, parks and scenic hiking trails. During the afternoon, play tennis, go sailing, or head out from the coast on a deep sea fishing trip. When you are exhausted from a day full of adventure, head back to your home away from home and host dinner or a game night for your family and friends.
Here are a few additional suggestions for your trip:
- Go horseback riding: Well-maintained riding stables around the island offer lessons and guided trail rides through the island's parks and wooded areas.
- Take a winery and culinary tour: Saltspring Island is home to world-class restaurants and award-winning wineries, like the Gary Oaks Winery and Saltspring Vineyards.
- Experience Saltspring Island's ArtSpring: This jazz festival and performance series features some world-renowned jazz legends.
- Go sea kayaking: Rent a sea kayak or bring your own and paddle along the tranquil British Columbia Coast through native wildlife habitats.
- Explore the Salt Spring Saturday Market: This weekly market in Ganges extends from Easter weekend through October and features local arts and crafts as well as a wide variety of regional cheeses, fruits, and vegetables.
- Hike the trails: Pack a picnic lunch and go hiking or biking along the miles of scenic trail that wind across the island.
No matter what activities you have in mind for your trip, you'll find what you're looking for on Saltspring Island. Luckily, vacation rentals are available on Saltspring Island every season of the year, so plan your visit for whenever works best for you. While you're visiting Saltspring Island, be sure to explore nearby destinations like Tofino and Kelowna as well.