Browse all regions in Caribbean
The turquoise waters of the Caribbean Sea are dotted with hundreds of friendly and picturesque islands. A glorious landscape of white sand and tropical scenery, the Caribbean islands may be the world's most perfect piece of paradise. From sunbathing on the beach to dining under the stars, the Caribbean is an ideal spot for a romantic getaway, a relaxing winter retreat, or a fun vacation with the whole family.
If you love water sports, the Caribbean islands are perfect for scuba diving, snorkeling, boating, kayaking, sailing, and swimming, boasting crystal clear water and year-round sunny weather. When it comes to relaxing, the Caribbean knows no equal, with a slew of day spas, secluded beaches, and romantic restaurants. Golfers will find plenty of scenic courses, while kids can enjoy swimming in reef-sheltered beaches. The whole family can find something they love to eat in the Caribbean's many American, French, Italian, or Brazilian restaurants, taking in a meal while listening to the sweet sounds of calypso.
While almost every island in the Caribbean boasts excellent beaches, warm water, and incredible marine life, they are different in flavor and geography. Thanks to the unique mix of people, the Caribbean is home to diverse cultures and cuisines. Forged by volcanoes, some islands are covered with rough peaks and mountain ranges while other islands are flat and non-volcanic, with smooth long shores. While some islands are secluded and romantic, others offer a lively collection of restaurants, shopping, and nightlife.
Some of the Caribbean's most famous destinations include:
- The Bahamas: The ultimate beach destination, the Bahamas is comprised of 700 small and beautiful islands, each boasting pristine beaches and turquoise water.
- U.S. Virgin Islands: The three islands of St. John, St. Thomas, and St. Croix are easily accessible from the United States and offer some of the nicest shoreline in the Caribbean.
- Martinique: Martinique is a cosmopolitan French-speaking island with white sand beaches, great restaurants, and an active volcano.
- Cayman Islands: Three gorgeous islands in the Caribbean Sea, the Cayman Islands are surrounded by coral reefs and infected with lively island culture.
- Jamaica: Jamaica is known for its reggae music and laid-back culture, as well as its wonderful beach communities and sparkling ocean water.
- Puerto Rico: A colony of the United States, Puerto Rico is an easily accessible and interesting Caribbean island.
- Barbados: One of the most popular islands in the Caribbean, Barbados is poised between the Caribbean Sea and the Atlantic Ocean, boasting amazing beaches, and a friendly culture.
A vacation rental is a perfect way to soak up the Caribbean. If you are heading to the Caribbean for a destination wedding, a luxury villa or beach house will make a perfect home for the whole family. For fun in the sun, look for an oceanfront condo or spacious apartment with a view of the sea.