Browse all regions in Bahamas
The Bahamas archipelago consists of more than 2,000 individual islands and cays. This diverse and welcoming Caribbean country offers rich ecological diversity, stunning natural beauty, and of course, beautiful beaches. Interestingly, much of the country's land surface, specifically its areas of distinctive pink sand, is made up of the tops of coral reefs that formed tens of thousands of years ago.
Some of the most popular destinations within the Bahamas include:
- Grand Bahama: If you're here for ecotourism, you'll spend most of your time on unspoiled, pristine Grand Bahama. Botanical gardens, underwater limestone caves, and a network of national parks are just a few of the dazzling attractions you'll find here.
- Paradise Island: If you're coming for a Bahamas wedding or a Bahamas honeymoon, you'll find out just how accurately named this corner of the country is.
- Bimini: The stuff of legend, Bimini is said to have everything from magical waters with astounding healing properties and the Fountain of Youth to the ruins of Atlantis.
- Nassau: Located on New Providence Island, the country's colorful capital offers outstanding dining, world-class shopping, and adventurous nightlife. It is also where most of the action is during their festival season.
- The Abacos: These islands lie just east of Grand Bahama, and are perfect for those seeking to get away from the thick crowds and relax in the open air and sunshine.
If you want to take part in a uniquely Bahamian cultural experience, time your visit to coincide with the nation's biggest festival, the Junkanoo. It is held annually on Boxing Day, December 26, and continues on New Year's Day.
Whether you're coming with your spouse or partner, bringing the family along or touring the Bahamas with a group of friends, staying in a vacation rental is ideal for your accommodations. From beachfront villas to spacious condos, vacation rentals offer all the amenities and comforts of home and more privacy than you'll get at a hotel.
If you want to go on to other sun-soaked destinations, the Bahamas are very close to Bermuda, Puerto Rico, and the Florida Keys.