Browse all regions in Barbados
The island of Barbados is one of the most popular and celebrated vacation destinations in the Caribbean. With endless beaches, swaying palms, and year-round sunshine and warm weather, Barbados attracts millions of sun worshippers every year. Barbados also has a long and fascinating history, and it is home to a thriving island culture that will enrich your vacation experience.
Beyond the miles and miles of soft sandy beaches, the most popular attractions and activities in Barbados include:
- Bridgetown: The lively capital of Barbados is home to exotic restaurants, colorful island culture, and world-class nightlife. It also offers excellent shopping and many duty-free shops for bargain-seeking vacationers.
- Plantation tours: The island is home to numerous plantations, with landscaped gardens and striking colonial-era architecture.
- Welchman Hall Gully: The enchanting forests, cliffs, and waterfalls of this pristine preserve offer nature lovers an unparalleled opportunity to revel in the island's greenery and natural beauty. Its romantic air makes it an ideal place to visit if you're here for a Barbados wedding or a honeymoon in Barbados.
- Safari tours: Much of the interior of Barbados is thick with forests, which offers excellent opportunities to see exotic plants and animals up close in their natural habitats.
- Catamaran cruises: Enjoy a day of sailing by taking part in a catamaran charter cruise. Barbados experiences gentle winds all year round, making for excellent leisure boating.
If you're visiting during the spring, be sure to take in the Barbados Reggae Festival. This event, held annually in April, offers visitors a unique opportunity to experience the local music and arts culture.
Rather than staying in a crowded hotel, make the most of your Barbados holiday by choosing a vacation rental. Rental options are ideal for couples on a romantic holiday, family getaways, and group vacations, with properties available in all price ranges. Vacation rentals can put you where you want to be, whether that's in the heart of Bridgetown or steps from the sand and surf.
Barbados is in close proximity to St. Vincent and the Grenadines, St. Lucia, Grenada, and the Venezuelan mainland, making it easy to take in more of this exciting and beautiful corner of the world.