Featured Salzburg Properties
1 / 18
2 BR / 1 BA / Sleeps 5
- Min stay varies
1 / 14
1 BA / Sleeps 3
- Min stay varies
The ancient city of Salzburg, Austria provides a picture perfect old-world landscape of Baroque spires, elegant gardens, and breathtaking mountain views. This city is one of the most popular destination points in Europe. Thousands of visitors come here from all over the world to stroll through the historic narrow side streets and learn more about the life of Mozart, who was born here.
Explore the lively markets and shops of Salzburg. See an outdoor musical performance by the river. In the summer time, go hiking along the trails of Mount Gaisberg or the Hohe Tauern National Park. In the winter, visit the famous Christmas Market or ski the legendary Austrian slopes. After the sun goes down, enjoy an evening at the oldest restaurant in Europe or relax with a glass of wine on the Steingasse.
Here are a few additional suggestions as you plan your trip:
- Tour Salzburg's historic old town: The city's historic district has been designated as a world heritage site. See the Salz River, Mozart's birthplace, the Stiftskeller St. Peter, and Baroque Hall.
- Visit the gardens at the Mirabell Palace: Government offices now occupy this building that was once a grand palace, but the lovely palace gardens are still there and are open to the public.
- Take a tour of Hellbrunn Castle: This is a fun activity if you're traveling with children. Watch out for the hidden fountains around the grounds that spring to life at unexpected moments.
- Take a Sound of Music tour: Salzburg provided the backdrop for the classic movie The Sound of Music. There are many guided walking and bus tours that can take you to the some of the film's landmarks.
- Explore the Haus der Natur: Originally a natural history museum, the Haus der Natur has now become an extensive interactive science museum with a wide range of exhibits that are perfect for visitors of every age.
- Visit the Salzburg Fortress: This stronghold built against the side of the M”nchsberg Mountain dates back to roughly the 11th century.
Every season has its unique charm here, and no matter what time of year you travel to Salzburg, you won't have any trouble finding a place to stay. Find a cozy cabin in the mountains close to the ski slopes, or rent an elegant condo closer to the center of town. Book a vacation rental with all the comforts of home or rent a luxurious villa and let the city transport you to an earlier time. While you're here, you may want to take daytrips to sites nearby like Eugendorf or the beautiful Lake Wallersee.