Recent reviews for Salt Spring Island, British Columbia, Canada
"Relaxing qualities of home with a view like no other."
Left on 07/20/2015 for a stay in July 2015
The accommodation was spacious, clean and welcoming. We were travelling with our two boys ages 8 & 11 and our two mini-schnauzers. The boys enjoyed exploring the surrounding land and the dogs became a pack with the host's dogs, and at the time of departure after two full days we were all a little sad to be moving on. The host was very pleasant and provided the most filling and wondrous breakfast creations each morning.
"Hot tub with view - suit optional"
Left on 06/05/2015 for a stay in June 2015
Hummingbird Hill B&B is one of the finest B&B's I have ever stayed at. I was in the suite and the bed has the softest sheets imaginable and opens onto a private patio with a view of Echo Valley (next to Ruckle Park) and a hot tub that is so private you can soak naked! I visited the Tea House and it is very Zen and may very well have the finest ocean view on Salt Spring. Jill's breakfasts are gourmet and substantial. I enjoyed the homemade blueberry muffins very much and the sausage, mushroom quiche could have fed two. A beautiful property and a gracious hostess make for a great get away.
"A Beautiful secluded location and a gracious host made for a great stay"
Left on 06/28/2015 for a stay in April 2015
My wife and I stayed here with our family during our wedding on SSI. The Japanese tea house is truly unique, relaxing and secluded. The additional accommodations are more conventional but very comfortable. There are sweet and friendly dogs that wander here and we enjoyed morning coffee on the deck looking out over a commanding view of Salt Spring Island while hummingbirds buzzed around us. The helpful and gracious host has a beautiful well kept house and property. Salt Spring Island can feel crowded but this place feels like an escape.
About Salt Spring Island
Saltspring Island attracts travelers from all over the world in search of a fun, laid back, and unique wilderness vacation destination. This is the perfect place to escape for a romantic getaway or a family adventure, and it lies conveniently close to the Washington state border. Come here to experience fun annual festivals, champion caliber golf, and charming art galleries featuring the work of local painters and sculptors.
Get the most out of your Saltspring Island getaway with a stay in a vacation rental. Wake up in your condo rental and enjoy breakfast on your balcony overlooking the ocean as the sun rises. In the morning, leave your condo behind and explore the shops, galleries, parks and scenic hiking trails. During the afternoon, play tennis, go sailing, or head out from the coast on a deep sea fishing trip. When you are exhausted from a day full of adventure, head back to your home away from home and host dinner or a game night for your family and friends.
Here are a few additional suggestions for your trip:
- Go horseback riding: Well-maintained riding stables around the island offer lessons and guided trail rides through the island's parks and wooded areas.
- Take a winery and culinary tour: Saltspring Island is home to world-class restaurants and award-winning wineries, like the Gary Oaks Winery and Saltspring Vineyards.
- Experience Saltspring Island's ArtSpring: This jazz festival and performance series features some world-renowned jazz legends.
- Go sea kayaking: Rent a sea kayak or bring your own and paddle along the tranquil British Columbia Coast through native wildlife habitats.
- Explore the Salt Spring Saturday Market: This weekly market in Ganges extends from Easter weekend through October and features local arts and crafts as well as a wide variety of regional cheeses, fruits, and vegetables.
- Hike the trails: Pack a picnic lunch and go hiking or biking along the miles of scenic trail that wind across the island.
No matter what activities you have in mind for your trip, you'll find what you're looking for on Saltspring Island. Luckily, vacation rentals are available on Saltspring Island every season of the year, so plan your visit for whenever works best for you. While you're visiting Saltspring Island, be sure to explore nearby destinations like Tofino and Kelowna as well.