Located right on the Pacific Ocean, the town of The Sea Ranch has earned a reputation as one of the premier destinations in Northern California due to its close proximity to the vineyards in the region, stunning nature and local parks, and a wide range of fine restaurants and art galleries. You'll find most of the dining and shopping options centered along Main Street, but there's plenty to do no matter where you go.
While you're visiting, be sure to make time for some of these must-see attractions and activities:
- Go For a Walk: There are plenty of beautiful walking trails in the area that provide ocean views and the chance to spot meadow wildlife.
- Try the Seafood: You can often buy fresh crabs from the fishermen off the side of the road when they come in with their catch for the day.
- Gualala: Head just outside of The Sea Ranch to this charming town filled with trendy boutique shops and charming art galleries.
- The Sea Ranch Golf Links: Play a full 18 holes at this course that was built to resemble a Scottish links style course.
- Go to the Beach: There are over ten miles of beaches to explore here. Walk-On Beach and Shell Beach are two of the most popular ones in the area.
There are plenty of events and festivals happening in and around The Sea Ranch area. Watch one of the free classical concerts in nearby Gualala during the Summer Chamber Music Weekend Series in July, observe the artwork of top artists throughout Northern California during Art in the Redwoods in August, or take part in the parades and festivities of the elaborate Independence Day celebrations in July.
A vacation rental available is the preferred option for those staying in The Sea Ranch. Book a condo next to one of the many beaches in the area, or rent an apartment near the walking trails and golf courses throughout town. No matter what you're looking for, there's a property available here that's right for you.
If you have some extra time to explore, several of the towns outside of The Sea Ranch are known for their vineyards, so take a tour of the countryside and try out a few free samples of wine. Napa, Sonoma and Santa Rosa can all be reached within about an hour by car.
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 homes and rooms around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.