Long regarded as one of the most popular vacation destinations in New England, North Conway, New Hampshire is a haven for fans of the great outdoors. With over 250 alpine ski trails, great hiking and canoeing options during the summer months, and stunning views of Mount Washington, you can sit back and enjoy the lovely scenery or make your stay in town full of adventure.
Check out the wide range of museums and art galleries on White Mountain Highway, enjoy the outdoor malls and boutique shopping options on Mountain Valley Mall Boulevard, or head into the center of town for dinner at one of the many restaurants situated along West Side Road. No matter where you are in town, there's something for you to explore.
Here are just a few of the must-see attractions and activities in North Conway:
- Go Dog Sledding: Located just outside of North Conway, options are available for family or couple rides that take you through the mountains and beautiful New England scenery.
- Conway Scenic Railroad: This railroad has been serving the community for over 130 years. Learn more about the transportation history of North Conway while you go on a train ride through town.
- White Mountain Artisans Gallery: Check out the work of the area's best painters and glass at this local gallery that was once a historic barn.
- Mt. Washington Observatory: The observatory offers a wide range of activities including overnight educational trips and snow tractor day trips.
- Mt. Washington Children's Museum: The whole family will enjoy the exhibits at this popular museum.
- Go skiing: If you're here during the winter, Bretton Woods and Cranmore Mountain are among the most popular places in the area to go skiing.
With a reputation as a year-round vacation spot, North Conway makes sure to have events and festivals throughout the year for its visitors and residents to enjoy. Listen to the classical music of Johann Sebastian Bach fill the streets during the four-day Bach Festival in August, take part in the hill climb up Mount Washington Auto Road during the annual Mt. Washington Road Race in June, or sample the wide range of family-friendly attractions during the weeklong Mt. Washington Winter Carnival in February.
A vacation rental is the preferred option for those visiting North Conway. With properties ranging from high-end condos with luxury amenities and just steps from all the major downtown attractions, to rustic cabins with beautiful mountain views, there's a home in North Conway that's perfect for your next getaway.
North Conway can also be used as a base to explore the rest of the beauty that New Hampshire and New England has to offer. The charming city of Concord can be reached within half an hour within by car while the historical metropolis of Boston can be reached within two hours.
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 homes and rooms around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.