Rentals Near Clayton Attractions
Featured Clayton Properties
Perched high in the northern Georgia mountains, the town of Clayton beckons to nature lovers and visitors in search of endless outdoor adventures. Come here to experience beautiful vistas perfect for hiking, boating, mountain biking, and Clayton, GA camping. Come here in the spring to watch the mountains bloom with wildflowers, or come in the summer for the annual Art and Wine Festival, three days of wine tastings featuring local vineyards and art gallery doors thrown open to the public. If you visit during the wintertime, explore the pristine back country trails on snowshoes. Autumn is also a breathtaking season in Clayton and a great time to experience nature's fireworks display.
No matter when you plan your visit, the best way to experience Clayton is with a stay in your own private vacation rental or lakeside cabin. Wake up in the morning to the sound of the birds, and then enjoy a cup of coffee on your private deck as the sun rises. Head downtown for shopping, strolling, or a game of miniature golf and spend the rest of afternoon on a hike to a local waterfall. Then come home in the evening and host dinner in your secluded luxury vacation home for your family and friends.
Here are a few additional suggestions for your trip:
- Take a winery tour: Take a leisurely tour of scenic local vineyards like Persimmon Creek and taste award winning vintages.
- Go white water rafting: Southeastern Expeditions offers lessons for beginners and guided rafting trips of varying length and difficulty.
- Hike to Ana Ruby Falls: This breathtaking waterfall lies in the heart of Unicoi State Park, a few miles down an easy to moderate paved trail.
- Visit the Chattahoochee National Forest: Scenic trails and picnicking spots lie throughout this beautiful wilderness area.
- Go wildlife spotting and bird watching: Clayton is an excellent place to see elusive birds and wildlife like black bears, hawks, and foxes.
- Go fly fishing: There's no better place than the Georgia woods to find thriving populations of brown trout, brook trout, and rainbow trout.
Every year, hundreds of visitors travel to Clayton for romantic excursions, family vacations, and long weekend getaways with friends. If you're among them, get the most out of your adventures with a stay in a charming private condo. A vacation rental offers all the room you need to store your outdoor gear and can be a great place to start making fun and lasting vacation memories. While you're visiting Clayton, be sure to explore nearby popular destinations like Blairsville just a few miles away.