Featured Lima Properties
Lima, Peru is a city that excels in uniting its treasured past with present-day aspirations. There is a wealth of ancient sites to see and a lush landscape that surrounds every point of interest. The influence of Incan and previous civilizations as well as Spanish colonial times makes for great diversity in the culture, arts, architecture, and archaeology of the area. There are numerous museums, buildings, and monuments that showcase the uniqueness of Lima. The city is also known for excellent dining, entertainment, and nightlife opportunities. One of the most popular activities in Lima, Peru, is shopping since it is easy to find great bargains on quality products. Just outside the city center, outdoor enthusiasts looking for adventure will find a host of activities to enjoy, including hiking, cycling, climbing, and more.
Some of the attractions you will not want to miss include:
- The Larco Museum: This museum is a must-see for art lovers. It showcases a collection of pre-Columbian works, consisting of over 45,000 pieces. Larco also offers visitors an in-depth overview of 4000 years of the country's historical development.
- Church of San Francisco: Known for its catacombs that house the remains of over 70,000 people, this church and monastery was created to honor St. Francis. It is also the home of an impressive library that contains thousands of antique texts.
- The Magic Water Circuit: As one of the newest and most popular attractions in Lima, this circuit includes 13 exceptional fountains that unite lights, sounds, images, and movement. It was honored with a Guinness Record and puts on a great show that is suitable for every member of the family.
- Huaca Pucllana: These ruins were constructed with a million abode bricks. The structure originally served as an administrative area and pre-Inca ceremonial space dedicated to the God, Pachacamac.
- The Lima Cathedral: Built in 1564 by Jeronimo de Aliaga, this cathedral is situated on Lima's Main Square. It showcases the ivory Baroque chapel of La Inmaculada and Francisco Pizarro's tomb.
- The Amano Museum: This museum highlights the private collection of Mr. Yoshitaro Amano. It includes select pieces of textiles and ceramics organized chronologically to demonstrate the development of Peru's pre-Columbian cultures.
Lima is one of the most popular cities in South America. There are so many things you can enjoy here all from the comfort of your vacation rental. A condo or an apartment near the city center places you in the heart of all the action.
Vacation rentals are a great way to make the most of your time in this incredible city, whether you are on a family vacation, a romantic getaway, or a trip with a large group of friends. A vacation rental, such as a condo or apartment downtown, provides travelers with all of the comforts of home in the heart of a city buzzing with activity.