- Edgartown View all rentals (308)
- Oak Bluffs View all rentals (145)
- Vineyard Haven View all rentals (91)
- Chappaquiddick View all rentals (39)
- West Tisbury View all rentals (30)
- Chilmark View all rentals (43)
- Gay Head View all rentals (4)
- Aquinnah View all rentals (16)
Rentals Near Martha's Vineyard Attractions
Featured Martha's Vineyard Properties
1 / 16
3 BR / 2 BA / Sleeps 8
- Min stay varies
1 / 14
Vineyard Haven cottage
2 BR / 2 BA / Sleeps 4
Vineyard Haven cottage
- 3 night min
About Martha's Vineyard
As one of America's top beach destinations on the east coast, Martha's Vineyard is the perfect mix of serene beach bliss with cosmopolitan shopping, dining, and nightlife venues. Relax in your spacious vacation home or enjoy harbor views and fresh sea air from your deck and backyard. On this island, you are always close to the beach. Spend your days swimming, snorkeling, sailing, or kayaking along the Vineyard's shores, then retreat back to your vacation rental at night and roast s'mores around a beach campfire.
Martha's Vineyard is known for its beautiful rocky coastlines and Aquinnah Cliffs, situated at the end of the island, from Oak Bluffs to the ferry. A National Historic Landmark, the red clay cliffs are part of the Wampanoag reservation land and boast dramatic views of the Vineyard Sound.
While you're visiting, you may want to consider these other sites and activities as well:
- Take a ride on America's oldest working carousel: Oak Bluffs is home to the Flying Horses Carousel, a true antique. Originally constructed in 1876, the carousel is equipped with 20 beautifully painted horses.
- See the Lighthouse at Gay Head Cliffs: Watch the sun descend behind this authentic New England lighthouse, still lit by modern day keepers who will lead you up to the top of the tower for spectacular coastal views.
- Visit the vineyards: Spend a day at Chicama Vineyards, a family owned and operated winery that is known for its serene atmosphere and stunning scenery. Bike ride out to the vineyards, then sample wines in the tasting rooms at your leisure. Break away from the crowds to enjoy this quiet corner of the island with a fantastic wine selection and breath-taking foliage.
- Visit the Martha's Vineyard Historical Society: Learn more about the culture and history of this beautiful part of Massachusetts.
- Take a whale watching tour: Join a guided boat trip from the harbor and have a close encounter with whales, dolphins and other marine life.
- Go antique shopping: Stroll the quaint side streets and look for finds that date back to the earliest days of American history.
Take a ride on the Martha's Vineyard ferry, enjoy a cup of coffee at a charming village cafe, or indulge in an afternoon of pampering at a luxury spa. At the end of the day, retreat to your beautiful vacation rental and host your family and friends for the evening. No matter what you're looking for, you'll find the perfect vacation rental or cottage that meets your needs in Martha's Vineyard. While you're on the island, be sure to explore the beautiful nearby towns of Aquinnah and Vineyard Haven.