Featured Oxnard Properties
1 / 9
3 BR / 2 BA / Sleeps 6
- 2 night min
Known as "California's Strawberry Coast", Oxnard, CA is the perfect mix of culture, fine dining, and serene beach bliss. Located just 60 miles north of Los Angeles, this seaside city is home to an infinite number of festivals, art shows, museums, and outdoor activities. Be the first to see the sunrise with your morning coffee in hand over the vibrant, blue Pacific from your private vacation home bedroom balcony. With the beach just steps away from your vacation home rental, leave the car and walk along the coast.
Absorb all of Oxnard's natural beauty. Bike along the shores of the Pacific, then picnic on any one of the uncrowded and pristine beaches here. Oxford is truly the perfect vacation escape and neighbors the Channel Islands Harbor, a great place for swimming, fishing, parasailing, and relaxing. With a number of seafood, sushi, wine, and fine dining options along its coast, this harbor is the perfect day or evening trip, and is just 4 miles west of Oxnard. Like the Harbor, downtown Oxnard is home to great entertainment and specialty restaurants, as well as a new movie complex.
Here are a few suggestions to help you plan your visit:
- Rent a kayak: Explore the Channel Islands Harbor by boat. See breathtaking views of the coast from offshore and have close encounters with native marine life.
- Visit the Carnegie Art Museum: Oxnard hosts spectacular exhibits at this museum, which showcase a range of styles and change with the season.
- Enjoy The Heritage Square Summer Concert series: Referred to by locals as the "Hollywood Bowl" of Oxnard, this series originated in 1992 and has evolved into a great annual summer festival. With music ranging from Oldies to Jazz, and Big Band to Latin, this venue is an Oxford summer must and runs from the middle of June to the middle of August.
- Join the California Strawberry Festival: This two day festival celebrates strawberries with live music, arts and crafts, food, contests, and activities for children and adults alike. With rides, attractions, puppet shows, and fun performances, this festival is a perfect event for the entire family.
- Play on the beach: The Channel Island Harbor is home to several pristine beaches where you can bring a good book and relax in the warm California sun.
- Visit the Ventura County Maritime Museum: See the exhibits at this fascinating museum and learn more about local art and the history of whaling in California.
A beach rental in Oxnard can be the perfect starting point for an exciting and memorable vacation. Find a trendy condo overlooking the Channel Island Harbor, or rent a luxurious beach house within reach of Oxnard camping and hiking sites. The right vacation rental can offer all the amenities you need and is a great place to host your family and friends for a weekend getaway. While you're in Oxford, schedule some time to explore San Buenaventura just a short drive to the north.