- Hikkaduwa View all rentals (216)
- Kandy View all rentals (237)
- Colombo View all rentals (419)
- Negombo View all rentals (113)
- Galle View all rentals (390)
- Unawatuna View all rentals (131)
- Western Province View all rentals (11)
- Weligama View all rentals (74)
- Central Province View all rentals (12)
- Mirissa View all rentals (87)
- Tangalle View all rentals (42)
- Ambalangoda View all rentals (39)
- Southern Province View all rentals (16)
- Mount Lavinia View all rentals (51)
- Bentota View all rentals (81)
Rentals Near Sri Lanka Attractions
Featured Sri Lanka Properties
About Sri Lanka
Formerly known as Ceylon, the picture-perfect paradise of Sri Lanka features breathtaking beaches, ancient cities, and six World Heritage Sites. Surroundings that are this beautiful allow for plenty of outdoor activity such as hiking, biking, swimming, scuba diving, and more. Sri Lanka is also rich in culture, the arts, and fine dining options. For animal lovers, nothing beats a trip to the elephant orphanage or the lagoon of singing fish. For history and architecture buffs, the numerous temples and shrines are sure to impress. No matter why you travel to Sri Lanka, you will not soon forget the landscape and all you have experienced here.
Some of the attractions you will want to experience include:
- The Dambulla Cave Temple: Situated near Colombo and Kandy, this temple is Sri Lanka's biggest and most well-preserved. It includes caves and rock towers inside of which visitors can view paintings and assorted statues. Some highlights include the Cave of the Great Kinds and the Great New Monastery.
- Polonnaruwa: Located in the northern area of Sri Lanka, this place is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Here visitors can see different structures including the Lankatilaka Temple, Thuparama, and the Royal Palace.
- Anuradhapura: This is one of Sri Lanka's ancient cities. It is renowned for having some of the best preserved ruins in the country. Some of the popular sites to see here include the Brazen Palace, the Nuwara Lake, and the sacred Bo-Tree.
- Kandy: This sacred city, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, includes a number of spectacular sites for visitors to view. Included among these are the Kandy Lake, the Royal Palace of Kandy, and the Temple of the Tooth.
- The Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage: Located at Kegalle, this orphanage houses over 80 elephants. It is place of refuge, protection, and peace, which travelers can visit to see them bathing, eating, and interacting.
- Knuckles Mountain Range: Situated on the northeast side of the city of Kandy, this area is home to a variety of unique fauna and flora. It is a great spot for visitors to take photographs, hike, cycle, or rock climb.
A vacation rental will make you feel right at home in Sri Lanka's exquisite surroundings. Vacation rentals are a great way to make the most of your time here, whether you are on a Sri Lanka honeymoon, a family vacation, or a spring break trip with your friends.