Chez Mu Luxury Villa - Amazing Ocean & Jungle View
|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
|Living space||3500 square feet|
Suitable for childrenAsk
Suitable for the elderlyAsk
|Theme||Adventure, Luxury, Romantic, Away from it all, Ocean, Tropical|
Description from the owner
ONLY 1.3 MILES (2 KM) FROM DOWNTOWN AND FROM BEAUTIFUL PLAYA MANCHAS
Amazing 360 degree ocean and jungle views from an exclusive and breezy hill-top luxury villa
3 Bedrooms, 3 full bathrooms, sleeps 9
Chez Mu is nestled on a hilltop above Montezuma. The Villa offers tropical luxury at its finest. It has just been remodeled, with a new pool and modern furnishings. The Villa can accommodate a large family or several couples. The home is in the middle of a lush 3+ acre property, which ensures absolute privacy and tranquility. White faced and howler monkeys, as well as parrots. hummingbirds and many other varieties of birds can...Read more
Chez Mu Luxury Villa - Amazing Ocean & Jungle View
Montezuma, Puntarenas, Costa Rica
Additional Location Information
Chez Mu is nestled on a breezy hilltop above Montezuma. It is only 5 minutes (2 km, 1.3 mi) from downtown Montezuma (cozy town with amazing beaches) and the same from beautiful Playa Manchas, 15 minutes from Cobano (bank, doctor, supermarket) and 25 minutes from Malpais (incredible sunsets and surfing).
Location Type Away from it all, Ocean, Tropical
Rates shown in $ USD (change)
|Rate Summary||$325||$375||$1,540 - $4,200||$5,100 - $6,600||2 nights|
|Apr. 19 2013 - Jun. 2 2013
Green Season 2013
|Jun. 3 2013 - Sep. 1 2013
|Sep. 2 2013 - Nov. 22 2013
Green Season 2 2013
|Nov. 23 2013 - Dec. 25 2013
Thksgiving to X-mas 2013
|Dec. 26 2013 - Jan. 2 2014
New Year 2013-14
|Can't find rates for your travel dates? Contact the owner|
|Jan. 2 2014 - Apr. 10 2014
Dry Season 2014
|Apr. 11 2014 - Apr. 20 2014
|All Other Dates||$250||$250||-||-||2 nights|
|View all 8 Rate Periods|
Additional notes from owner
Discount of 20% available for groups of 3 or less adults, except peak weeks.
Additional reviews available at: www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p229979
AvailableUnavailable Last updated: April 18, 2013 ◀▶
What Past Guests Are Saying
Paradise near the beach
We stayed at Chez Mu for a week starting June 22, 2012. This 3 bedroom home is tastefully decorated and very comfortable. The Costa Rican Family that look after Chez Mu were very helpful. We were driving a van and though the costarican roads are awe inspiring, we were able to navigate to Chex Mu. Montezuma has a number of good restaurants and the beaches are good. We did go out fishing one morning and caught a 65 lb. Mahi Mahi, that was the highlight of the trip for the guys.
Great view, not-so-great amenities
Decent house with a great view. Nearby staff limits privacy. Pool is great, but was not properly maintained.
--Nice outdoor eating and deck area.
--Well stocked with cookware, dishes, etc.
--The house comes with a printed guide to Montezuma, including maps and details on restaurants, activities, etc.
--Staff is very friendly.
--Water pressure and hot water were intermittent.
--Washer and dryer were non-functioning, and not hooked up (although the staff volunteered to do laundry for us).
--Exterior doors did not lock (there were three safes to store valuables).
--The internet access is very slow, not at all "high speed".
--Staff is very close by, living in a house just below Chez Mu. They do not speak any English. They come by frequently when you are away from the house (rather than at a specific fixed time every day).
--I got an ear infection on the last day of my visit. We checked the pool with the test strips in the house, and they came up blank for chlorine/bromine sanitizer. When the pool sanitation issue was brought up with the owner, he said that they do everything "by the book".
Response from chezmu - 04/18/2013
We appreciate all feedback from our guests. We aim to continuously improve the villa, as the partners David, Luis and I also use the house very often with our families and friends. Between October 2012 and January 2013 we invested in significant upgrades to the house addressing all of Jonathan's concerns, and many more improvements:
- We installed a new water pump system for higher pressure and more constant hot water. We also now also have a private well, so unlike most of Malpais, Sta Teresa and Montezuma, we have a reliable source of fresh water especially in the very dry season
- We have installed a new rail system for the terrace doors, and changed all locks. We also have solar-powered motion-activated flood lights in the exterior, and of course the digital safety boxes in each bedroom. These are just precautions, as luckily the area continues to be extremely safe.
- The Internet service was not properly programmed. We’ve upgraded the router, and now have a reliable 1.5 Mbit/s connection. A free Skype phone is also available.
- The housekeepers typically do the cleaning when guests head out to the beach. If you have a specific time you would like them to come by, just let them know.
- The pool continues to function perfectly. Jonathan was unfortunate to visit in May 2012, when there was an unusual “red tide” contamination off the Pacific coast of Costa Rica. Local newspapers warned of the potential irritation to skin, ears, throat and eyes. Please look up the report in La Nacion on April 4th, 2012, available at the web site: nacion.com/2012-04-05/AldeaGlobal
Also among the many other improvements: marble floors throughout the house (including anti-slip in the terrace), bathrooms totally redone, electrical system upgrades, etc.
great view and extremely intimate with a relaxing setting
The view is amazing and Carlos and Yahaira make sure to tend to your every need!
The cookware needs updating. (Not a reason to not stay)
Overall, we all enjoyed it immensely!
Response from chezmu - 07/15/2011
Glad you had a good stay! We've just placed an order for a new full set of cookware for the house. Thanks for the feedback!