Browse all regions in Costa Rica
About Costa Rica
Costa Rica calls to mind cloud forests, toucans, white sand beaches, and palm trees. Many visitors receive their first impressions of this ecotourism destination point from the colorful wildlife and mangrove trees of Manuel Antonio National Park. Whether you spend your vacation hiking through the cloud forest, exploring volcanoes, or surfing on Costa Rica's perfect blue waves, you'll never forget your visit to this protected paradise. The wildlife spotting alone will challenge your imagination. Just a few of the cast of characters you may encounter here include humpback whales, Baird's tapirs, howler monkeys, jaguars, leatherback sea turtles, and brilliantly colored macaws. While you are here, sample the delicious sweet churros of San Jose, relax on the beach, or go rafting, rappelling, and zip-lining through the rainforest canopy. Whether you stay in a cabin rental near Montezuma or a luxury beachfront villa near the Playa Jaco, you'll never run out of breathtaking experiences in Costa Rica.
Here are a few additional suggestions of things to do in Costa Rica:
- Mountain biking: The variety of off-road paths and cattle trails around Costa Rica makes this an ideal spot for mountain biking.
- Surfing: If you're serious about surfing, you may want to find a vacation rental close to Tamarindo Beach, famous for great surfing.
- La Paz Waterfall Garden: Just a short trip from San Jose, the Waterfall Garden is not to be missed.
- Sloth Sanctuary: Meet rescued sloths and learn about these extraordinary animals while observing them in their natural habitat.
- Tour a coffee plantation: Find out more about this miracle bean from the coffee growers who understand it best.
No matter what time of you year you visit, the weather in Costa Rica is beautiful. Luckily, vacation rentals are widely available through the year in Costa Rica. Don't forget to bring your camera and your sense of adventure.