Come and visit the beautiful beaches of Curacao, the prefect Caribbean vacation destination. Curacao has a history that dates back to the 16th century, and old plantation relics of that time are now spread across the countryside and preserved as parks. The west coast features beautiful pristine beaches and secluded coves. Find a strip of sugary sand beside the blue waters of the Caribbean and spend the afternoon swimming, sunbathing or searching for seashells. After visiting the plantation parks and relaxing on the beach, you may want to put on some trekking boots and explore the beautiful preserved wilderness areas along the rocky western coastline.
When the sun goes down, head inland to experience the award winning traditional Caribbean cuisine of the restaurants here. Then let yourself be swept away by the welcoming energy of Curacao's bars and music venues. Spend the next day on the east side of the island exploring the busy streets, shopping districts and historical old town of Willemstad, the island's capital.
Here are a few additional suggestions as you plan your trip:
- Go Scuba diving: Diving is one of the central activities in Curacao. Explore the brilliant biodiversity of the reef ecosystems here and have close encounters with sea turtles, colorful fish and other marine life.
- Visit the Curacao Ostrich and Game Farm: This is one of the largest ostrich ranches you'll find anywhere outside of Africa. Tours are available, and you can even take a ride on an ostrich if you dare.
- Visit the Kura Hulanda Museum: Learn more about the history of Curacao and its African roots through the inspiring, informative exhibits of this local museum.
- Swim with dolphins: Have a close encounter with a bottlenose dolphin at the Curacao Dolphin Academy. A visit to this saltwater lagoon is a delightful experience for all ages.
- Hike the trails: Go hiking or biking along the trails of the Shete Boca National Park. See stunning natural vistas and catch rare glimpses of elusive birds and wildlife.
- Explore the Boca Tabla: Located in the Shete Boca National Park, this beautiful cave formation in the surf-pounded rock is worth the trek.
You'll never run out of fun things to do in Curacao, and no matter what time of year you arrive here, you'll have no trouble finding a vacation rental for your stay. Rent a sleek apartment or elegant condo in downtown Willemstad close to the heart or the shopping and nightlife. Or, book a beautiful summer villa with ocean views and just a few steps from the beach. If you have the time, you may want to incorporate side trips to beautiful Rincon or Sint Nicolaas in your plans.
This apartment was very suitable for my family of 6 people. We enjoyed our stay. Jan Thiel is a very great place to stay in Curacao. The beautiful beach of Jan Thiel is just a 5min drive away. Many small restaurants to chose from in the neighborhood.
The apartment had everything in it; from dishes to towels, to soap etc..well stocked. The view just made this apartment earn extra point! Spectacular view of the Spanish Waters. A very nice breeze constantly. No need for AC.
Our family of eight, stayed at Villa Seashell for one week. We were looking for a location that the family could spend a week together in the Caribbean in a location that provided plenty of room for living inside and out, and was in an area that we could do some touring and exploring. We found it! Villa Seashell is beautiful.
The house and grounds are in a beautiful setting on a cliff overlooking the ocean. The terrace and pool look out onto the ocean, and there are magnificent views from every one of its many windows. The house is spacious with a great layout allowing for privacy when you want it. It is clean, airy (we had no need of AC), well appointed, elegant yet comfortable. The living room opens up completely to the terrace with breathtaking view of the ocean. The kitchen was large enough several people to coordinate meal preparation, and very well equipped.
We were very happy that we chose not to stay in the city and felt that it made our trip that much more special. There are so many great beaches in the area, including a beach down the street in Coral Estates itself and we had so much fun snorkeling at as many of them as we had time for.
The restaurant in Coral Estates, Karakter, was a beautiful place to eat in the evening. The tables are right beside the ocean on the beach and they had live music.
As a suggestion, have your list ready and do your grocery and liquor shopping at Centrum market before you get to the Villa.
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 homes and rooms around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.