Featured York Properties
1 / 39
3 BR / 2 BA / Sleeps 6
- Min stay varies
5 BR / 3 BA / Sleeps 9Details
- Min stay varies
With its rocky ocean coastline and abundance of beautiful, authentic lighthouses, York, ME is the perfect New England escape. Stay in a vacation home nestled along the shores of the Atlantic Ocean and spend your mornings watching the sunrise on your back porch or patio, a luxury that many vacation rentals offer. Walk just minutes to the beach, and then sail through inlets and waterways set against a breath-taking coastal background. York is home to what is deemed "the most photographed lighthouse in New England," the Nubble Lighthouse. The Nubble Lighthouse, known to locals as "Nubble Light" can be seen from a number of spots along the coast. Twice a year the lighthouse is ornamented with white lights for "Christmas in July," as well as "The Annual Lighting of the Nubble" around Thanksgiving.
Here are a few additional suggestions to consider as you plan your trip:
- Take part in an authentic Maine tradition: Climb aboard one of York Harbor's lobstering boats, an activity that is perfect for the whole family.
- Visit the Emerson Wilcox House: Originally constructed in 1742, this house was once owned by Ralph Waldo Emerson's family members. Today, the home includes twelve rooms, and two galleries that feature a mix of furniture and unique antiques from the area's prominent past.
- Take a winery tour: York and the surrounding area offer a climate that is uniquely suited to producing wine. Schedule a tour and sample some classic vintages.
- Go sea kayaking: Explore the rugged coastline on your own, or rent a kayak and enlist an experienced guide who can lead you to encounters with unique native plants and marine life.
- Take a dinner cruise: Dockside York, ME restaurants and sailboat dinner cruises are a great way to experience authentic New England seafood while watching the sunset over the Atlantic Ocean.
- Experience New England hiking and camping: York, ME campgrounds and state park hiking trails are legendary.
The best New England getaway begins with a stay in your own private vacation rental. Find a trendy apartment rental downtown close to the village shopping areas, golf courses and spas, or stay in a summer rental beside a secluded lake in the woods. No matter what kind of cabin or condo you're looking for, you'll have no trouble finding a perfect vacation rental with all the amenities you need to host your family and friends. While you're planning a trip to York, consider scheduling some time to explore nearby destinations like Camden and Bar Harbor.