New Hampshire (851 rentals)
Popular New Hampshire Destinations
Browse all regions in New Hampshire
Recent reviews in New Hampshire
Freedom is a great place to stay and people are very friendly.
The house was clean and very confortable with all you need for perfect. Sarah is a great host and we surely come back to visit her.
About New Hampshire
New Hampshire is a quaint and demure yet dazzling state with an abundance of natural beauty. Its residents pride themselves on their love of the outdoors. With glistening lakes and towering mountains dotting the landscape and the wild Atlantic bordering it to the south, New Hampshire offers a wide spectrum of activities and striking geographic features to enjoy.
Be sure to make time for these must see attractions and destinations:
- The coast: Major cities like Rochester, Portsmouth, Dover and Salem as well as sleepy hamlets that come alive in summer dot the scenic Atlantic coast of New Hampshire. Go whale watching, take a lighthouse tour, enjoy deep-sea fishing, boating, swimming or just strolling the busy boardwalks on the New Hampshire coast. High season runs from June through August, and the coastal setting is perfect for New Hampshire romantic getaways.
- Lake Winnipesaukee: Measuring a massive 21 miles in length, this famed lake rests in central New Hampshire. Its endless fishing, hiking and swimming spots surround some of the best campsites in New Hampshire.
- Lincoln: Nestled in the sleepy slopes of the White Mountains, Lincoln is the best place for a taste of a New England autumn. The Hobo Railroad winds through the mountains, giving travelers breathtaking views of the leaves as they put on their annual brilliant spectacle.
- White Mountain National Forest: One of the most popular New Hampshire parks, White Mountain National Forest can be enjoyed equally in the summer and the winter. During the warm weather months, the area hosts hiking and fishing at their finest, and some of the most scenic ski areas in New Hampshire open when the calendar rolls around to winter.
- Appalachian Trail: New Hampshire is one of the 14 states that this famous and beloved nature preserve runs through. Its hiking is highly recommended by nature lovers.
In the summertime, the coast is brimming with hidden bays, fresh lobster and hiking trails that swell with life and vigor. Regardless of when you decide to take your New Hampshire vacation, every season offers plenty of unique activities; the skiing is fantastic in the winter, the foliage is spectacular in autumn, and the fresh blossom of spring puts a bounce in everyone's step.
If you want to commune with the great outdoors without sacrificing comfort, cabin rentals are available throughout New Hampshire. For those visiting the cities or staying along the coast, vacation rentals like condos and summer rentals are ideal for both short and extended stays in the state.
New Hampshire is a gateway not only to the rest of New England, but also to Canada. The province of Quebec borders New Hampshire to the north, and you can make a trip across the border to experience the unique culture of French Canada.