Featured Cabarete Properties
1 / 22
2 BR / 2 BA / Sleeps 4
- Min stay varies
The bays and beaches of Cabarete are believed to offer the best wind and waves in the Dominican Republic, which is high praise considering the thousands of serious windsurfers and kite surfers who come to this country every year from all over the world. Once a simple low-key vacation spot and farming village, Cabarete has now become a sleek, high-end, world-class vacation destination.
Stay in Cabarete if you plan to explore the north coast or the El Choco National Park. Spend the morning river rafting, rappelling, zip lining or rock climbing. In the afternoon, head to the shore and rent a sea kayak, explore the shoreline and reef ecosystems, or go dolphin spotting. You can also go sailing or take a charter boat trip and do some deep-sea fishing.
When you come back to shore, relax on the beach until the sunsets over the mountains. Then stroll down Cabarete's main street to sample award winning seafood restaurants, bars and nightspots. If you still have some energy left, return to the beach, join a local party and dance till the sun comes up. You'll find plenty of fun activities to keep you busy day and night in Cabarete, no matter what time of the year you visit.
Here are a few additional suggestions of things to do and see during your stay in Cabarete:
- Visit the waterfalls: Take a guided trek to the waterfalls of Damajaguas. See stunning rock formations and crystal pools and catch glimpses of elusive wildlife along the trails.
- Go horseback riding: There's nothing more romantic than a sunset gallop along the beach of La Boca, where the Atlantic Ocean is joined by the Yasica River.
- Play on the beach: Go windsurfing or kite surfing on the blue waters of Cabarete Bay. Swim, look for shells, or just bask in the golden sun and relax.
- Visit the Cabarete Caves: Take a tour of these extraordinary rock formations at the end of the Callejon de La Loma, near the entrance to El Choco National Park.
- Hike the trails: Go hiking or mountain biking along the trails of El Choco National Park. Stop at overlook points and see breathtaking views of the Caribbean.
- Go on a scuba diving adventure: Go snorkeling or scuba diving in Sosua Bay to experience up close encounters with a variety of marine life including colorful fish, rays, and sea urchins.
No matter what you're looking for in terms of a place to stay, you'll find it in a vacation rental in Cabarete. Even the simplest accommodations here have a touch of elegance and offer all the comforts of home. And no matter what time of year you schedule your visit, you can easily find a beautiful condo big enough for the whole family or luxurious Caribbean villa with views of the ocean. If you have the time, include a trip to nearby Santiago in your travel plans.