Featured Cambridge Properties
Cambridge is a living, breathing, vibrant academic community where students study in coffee shops and engage in lively debates, where old and modern architecture coexist, and where you can get lost in a romantic landscape of cobblestone courts, chapels, gardens, and stone bridges that were once traversed by some of the greatest minds in history. You may be traveling here to see the sights and take in the atmosphere. You may also have come here with a specific research purpose in mind. No matter what brought you here or how long you plan to stay, you can't help but be inspired by this place.
Here are a few destination points you won't want to miss during your exploration of Cambridge:
- The Cambridge University Library: This library is the home of exciting exhibitions and some of the oldest and most distinguished manuscript collections you'll find anywhere.
- The Cambridge University Press Book Shop: This place has been selling books since 1581. It's the oldest bookshop site in England.
- The Round Church/Church of the Holy Sepulcher: Take a guided tour and learn more about the history of England and Christianity.
- The Grasshopper Clock: You can view this unusual marvel of technology from the corner of Kings Parade and Benet Street.
- The Sedgwick Museum of Earth Sciences: Come here to see dinosaur skeletons and an amazing collection of fossilized plants and animals.
-The University Museum of Zoology: This is the permanent home of many of the items collected by Charles Darwin on his famous "Beagle" voyage.
From Egyptian relics to the work of famous master painters, the museums of Cambridge will challenge your imagination. When you've learned more than you ever wanted to know, relax in the lush greenery of Cambridge's many parks, or take a walk along the river and watch the rowing crews at work. In the evening, enjoy live theater or music and dance performances at one of several venues. When your feet are tired and your head is spinning with all the art and history you've had a chance to take in, retire to your beautiful vacation rental with picturesque views of Cambridge's quiet stone streets.