Featured Cashiers Properties
1 / 19
1 BR / 1 BA / Sleeps 2
- 2 night min
Nestled high in the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina, the town of Cashiers provides an excellent destination for a perfect family vacation. Come here to experience local culture, excellent live music and rugged natural beauty. Explore the mountain trails of Gorges State Park by foot or bicycle. Go rock climbing or whitewater rafting. Bring your binoculars and see glimpses of elusive birds and wildlife. During the winter months, the mountain slopes are perfect for sledding and snowshoeing. And when the summer arrives, the same hills bloom with wildflowers.
After an exhilarating day of outdoor activity, lakeside fun and breathtaking views, come back to town to play a round of world class golf or relax all afternoon in a luxury spa. Cashiers and the surrounding town are also great places to learn about Blue Ridge Mountain heritage and history. Explore the Oconaluftee Living History Village in Cherokee to see demonstrations of Cherokee life, or visit the Mountain Heritage Center and learn more about the area's early Scots-Irish settlers.
Here are a few specific suggestions to help you plan your trip to Cashiers:
- Explore downtown Cashiers: Stroll the downtown area and visit the charming antique shops, art galleries and craft shops, several of which are owned by working craftspeople and local artists.
- Experience the music: Come in July for the annual Cashiers Mountain Music Festival and witness a gathering of the most talented bluegrass musicians in the Blue Ridge Mountains.
- Play on the lake: Explore Lake Glenville, a high mountain reservoir with 1400 picturesque acres perfect for boating, swimming and fishing for walleye and trout.
- Go horseback riding: Saddle up and explore the trails of the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains on horseback.
- Go skiing and snowboarding: Play all day on the pristine powdery slopes of Sapphire Valley, a popular skiing and snowshoeing area close to Cashiers.
- Hike to the waterfalls: There are 19 spectacular waterfalls within hiking distance of the Cashiers area, including Whitewater Falls, one of the tallest in North America.
You'll never run out of fun things to do in and around Cashiers. You'll also have no trouble finding a perfect place to stay while you're here. Find a vacation rental within reach of your favorite activities that can offer everything your family needs. Rent a lakeside cottage or spacious condo on the shores of Lake Glenville, or find a luxury cabin with a fireplace high in the mountains and close to the ski slopes. While you're here, you may also want to consider taking a short trip to nearby beautiful Hampton Lake.