Featured Freeport Properties
1 / 40
3 BR / 2 BA / Sleeps 6
- 3 night min
1 / 23
1 BR / 2 BA / Sleeps 2
- 3 night min
Grand Bahama, one of the central islands that make up the Bahamas, is home to the charming, laid back beach town of Freeport. Plan a vacation to Freeport if you're in search of a tropical Caribbean getaway with plenty of access to unique shopping, world-class dining, and a warm-hearted, energetic nightlife. Freeport offers the best of everything, whether you're planning a family vacation or a getaway with friends. Come here to experience Freeport golf on some of the best courses in the world, or Freeport diving and snorkeling in reef ecosystems teeming with colorful marine life.
The best way to experience Freeport is with a stay in a vacation rental of your own. A beach house or ocean condo is often more affordable than a hotel and offers more space and privacy. Wake up in your beach house and enjoy a cup of coffee on your balcony as the sun rises, then explore the downtown Freeport area and the natural beauty of the Bahamas. Relax on the beach, hike the trails of the area's nature preserves and wildlife refuges, go strolling through the charming shops and art galleries, or take a sailing lesson. After a long day of beach and outdoor adventures, head home to your vacation rental and host a barbeque for your friends and family on your private deck.
Here are a few additional suggestions for your trip:
- Experience Freeport snorkeling and diving: The coves and bays off the coast of Freeport are home to coral reef ecosystems and a variety of fish, sea stars, and stingrays.
- Go deep sea fishing: Freeport fishing charters leave the harbor each morning and head into the deep waters offshore for billfish, marlin, and tarpaulin.
- Enjoy a dinner cruise: Raise a glass and enjoy a gourmet meal on the deck of a luxury sailboat. Listen to live music as you watch the sun set over the ocean.
- Learn to kite surf: There are plenty of surfing and kite surfing schools in Freeport with patient instructors who can help you get up on a board and catch the waves.
- Go shopping: Wander the boutiques and art galleries of downtown Freeport, enjoy an ice cream cone, or rest your feet at a cafe and people watch.
- Go on a dolphin cruise: Take a boat into bottlenose dolphin territory and watch these playful creatures splash in the wake and interact in their natural habitat.
No matter what you decide to do in Freeport, and no matter what time of year you plan your trip, you'll have an unforgettable vacation experience here. And you'll have no trouble finding a perfect vacation rental within a few steps of the beach or your favorite activities.