Featured La Romana Properties
La Romana villa
4 BR / 5 BA / Sleeps 8Details
La Romana villa
- Min stay varies
About La Romana
La Romana lies on a pristine and beautiful stretch of the Dominican Republic coastline. This area offers a scenic getaway and is a slightly quieter alternative to the bustling energy of Punta Cana and Puerto Plata. Come here to enjoy winding ribbons of white sand beach and blue Caribbean water perfect for sailing and snorkeling. Wake up in your private luxury vacation rental as the sun rises. Enjoy a leisurely breakfast on the balcony of your villa overlooking the ocean. Then wander downtown and explore the shops, museums, and historic sites. Take a guided tour of the areas around the city or rent a taxi and visit them on your own. Later, spend the afternoon relaxing on the beach where you can swim, snorkel, or just watch the waves roll in. When the sun sets, shake off the sand and enjoy world class dining and live music at La Romana's night spots, or head home to your vacation rental and host dinner on your private deck for your family and friends.
Here are a few additional suggestions for your trip:
- Go parasailing: Bayahibe Beach is one of the most popular beaches along the La Romana Coast, and Bayahibe Parasailing can help you soar majestically above it all and experience the quiet beauty of the coast from the sky.
- Visit the Regional Museum of Archeology: La Romana is known for its fascinating archeological finds that reveal details about the earliest inhabitants of the island.
- Visit the La Aleta Archeological Site: This site, now open to the public, was unearthed in 1996 and offers and unprecedented glimpse into the lives of the Taino people.
- Hike the trails: Padre Nuestro Park offers scenic trails to waterfalls and unforgettable overlooks with views of the Caribbean. Take a guided eco-tour or explore the trails on your own.
- Play a round of golf: Tee off at Dye For or Teeth of the Dog, two of the most popular, well-maintained, and artfully designed golf courses in the La Romana area.
- Relax in a spa: After a few days of hiking, snorkeling, museums, and adventures, spend an afternoon immersed in total pampering.
No matter what time of year you schedule your visit, you'll find a warm welcome in this Caribbean paradise. And you'll also have no trouble finding a beach condo or ocean villa that offers all the amenities you and your family need. The perfect condo can be a great place to relax, reconnect, and start making fun vacation memories. While you're visiting La Romana, you may want to plan side trips to explore nearby Punta Cana and Dominica.