Featured Bologna Properties
With some of the best cuisine in of all Italy, world-class theater and nightlife, and amazing terracotta-roofed architecture, the historical city of Bologna has it all! Bologna is a great walking city because of the clear street signs and amazing architecture everywhere you turn. While you are here, be sure to visit Piazza Maggiore, the main square, where you'll find many of the best museums and souvenir shops.
Here are a few additional suggestions of things to do in Bologna:
- Fountain of Neptune: Built almost 500 years ago, this fountain is considered to be one of the symbols of Bologna.
- University Quarter: With several universities, Bologna is widely known as a student-friendly town and the quarter is full of great bars and cafes.
- Tower of the Asinelli: Built in 1109, this tower is the main symbol of Bologna. Climb to the top for an amazing view.
- Margherita Gardens: These gardens get particularly lively in the summer months when the chalet converts into a nightclub.
- Try Cooking: Several local schools offer courses in the art of traditional Bologna cooking.
- Glossatori Tombs: The beautiful tombs here are over 700 years old and home to some of the city's most famous scholars throughout history.
Bologna is a city rich in history and culture, and the events and festivals that take place here throughout the year are a reflection of that. The Bologna Film Festival, held in the Piazza Maggiore each July, displays new Italian films, animation shorts, and archived footage of Bologna. The Bologna Motor Show, held each December, showcases new and classic cars from all the premiere Italian auto makers like Ferrari and Lamborghini. The Bologna Festival, held annually from March to November, offers weekly classical music concerts from local, national, and international orchestras.
Luckily, no matter what time of year you plan to visit, you'll have no trouble finding a vacation rental in Bologna. With properties ranging from wonderful apartments right in the heart of the city and within walking distance of all the major sights, to spacious villas and condos on the outskirts of the city that provide a more authentic experience, there's a vacation rental which will help you get what you're looking for out of your stay in Bologna.