Featured Encinitas Properties
4 BR / 3 BA / Sleeps 9Details
- 3 night min
4 BR / 3 BA / Sleeps 8Details
- 2 night min
Encinitas is a beautiful beach city in northern San Diego county made up of several neighborhoods, each one a distinctive vacation destination. Come here to visit historic Old Encinitas, friendly Olivenhain, or the relaxed, artistic neighborhood of Cardiff-by-the-Sea. Enjoy the best of San Diego's easygoing beach culture and stunning natural vistas. Take a morning run along the red cliffs beside the sea. Take a painting class on the beach and learn how to create beautiful ocean landscapes, or rent a sea kayak and explore the local reefs and marine life.
Later, go strolling in the upscale downtown shopping districts. Visit the local museums and learn more about San Diego's Spanish mission history. Or relax all afternoon in a luxury spa and indulge in some head to toe pampering. After the sun goes down over the Pacific Ocean, enjoy the elegant nightlife and world-class seafood restaurants along the coast. Then stay up late and sample the bars and live music venues that bring visitors here from all over the country.
Here are a few additional suggestions for your trip to Encinitas:
- Play on the beach: Moonlight Beach and Swami Beach are two of the best in the area. Swim, snorkel or just bring a good book, find a place in the sun and relax.
- Take a surf lesson: These beaches are also great for surfing, and there are several excellent surf schools here that can help prepare you hit the waves.
- Explore the San Diego Botanical Gardens: Wander the trails of the botanical garden and see protected bamboo groves, blooming trees and hundreds of native and exotic plant species in breathtaking exhibits.
- Visit the San Diego Heritage Museum: Come to this local museum and learn about the history of this part of southern California.
- Take a hot air balloon ride: Take a ride in a magnificent balloon and see beautiful views of the coastline and sagebrush hills from above.
- Play a round of golf: The emerald green golf courses of Encinitas are some of the best designed and well maintained courses in San Diego.
You'll never run out of fun things to do in Encinitas, and you'll have no trouble finding a perfect place to stay while you're here. Vacation rental opportunities are widely available in San Diego County during every season of the year. Find a sleek, elegant condo downtown, close to the shopping and nightlife or rent a luxurious villa with ocean views that lies just a few steps away from the beach. If your vacation schedule allows, you may want to take a drive up the coast to visit Los Angeles and beautiful San Francisco.