Featured Greenville Properties
2 BR / 1 BA / Sleeps 5Details
- Min stay varies
5 BR / 3 BA / Sleeps 8Details
- 7 night min
Located along the historic Moosehead Lake, Greenville, ME helps define all that is Maine: moose, vast woodland, and beautiful northern lakes. The deep evergreen forests become your backyard in your vacation home. Be the first to see the sun hit the trees on your vacation rental's back porch or patio, and then spend the day exploring the great outdoors. Swim, fish, sail, kayak, or canoe along any one of Greenville's lakes, then retreat back home at night and gather the family around the fireplace. Visit Big Squaw Mountain, a four-season mountain that is perfect for skiing and snowboarding in the winter, and transforms into great place for hiking and mountain biking in the fall and summer. Or, absorb all of Maine's natural beauty while visiting Lily Bay State Park, another area perfect for the whole family.
Here are a few additional suggestions to consider as you make your plans:
- Experience a moose safari: Moose outnumber people 3 to 1 in the Moose Head Lake Region. While it is common to see moose roadside while in Greenville, there are also plenty of guided moose and wildlife safari tours.
- Take a boat onto Moosehead Lake: Venture out onto the lake in a canoe or kayak, cast your fishing line, and watch the sunrise over the pines along the shore.
- Go bird watching and wildlife spotting: Moose are not the only elusive wildlife to search for along the open trails. Bring your binoculars and look for eagles, deer, fox and lynx.
- Explore the trails: The main wilderness offers hundreds of miles of pristine trails and is unmatched for hiking, mountain biking and Moosehead Lake camping adventures.
- Stroll downtown Greenville: This quaint highland village is the perfect place to wander the streets, have a conversation over coffee, and experience local craft shops and art galleries.
- Play golf or relax in the spa: After a few days exploring the lakes and the backcountry trails, spend an afternoon on a golf course or indulging in some pampering at a luxury spa.
Experience the best possible vacation getaway in the Maine highlands by scheduling a stay in your own private luxury vacation rental. Find a secluded cabin with a private dock on the shores of Moosehead Lake and invite your family and friends to join you for summer, winter, or beautiful autumn wilderness adventures. While you're here, consider taking day trips to popular New England destinations like Rangeley or the village of York along Maine's southern coast.