Featured Akumal Properties
1 / 66
6 BR / 6 BA / Sleeps 16
- 7 night min
1 / 33
2 BR / 2 BA / Sleeps 8
- Min stay varies
1 / 40
2 BR / 2 BA / Sleeps 5
- Min stay varies
Just south of Playa Del Carmen and north of Tulum, the beaches of Akumal offer tranquil blue waves, powder-soft sand, and convenient proximity to Mayan ruins. Like many of the hot spots along this stretch of the Mexican coast, Akumal is a great place from which to embark on a jungle exploration or off-shore eco-tour. It's also within easy reach of Xel-ha and almost within walking distance of Half Moon Bay.
If Akumal has one feature that distinguishes it from the other beautiful vacation destinations right nearby, it's the turtles. Find a vacation rental in Akumal if you are turtle lover, because they appear to be easier to spot here than almost anywhere else in the Mexican Riviera. Of course, Akumal is also a great place to experience Mayan culture and the nightlife here is as hot as it can get while still feeling laid-back and beachy.
Here are a few suggestions of things to do in Akumal:
- Visit the Kuxi K'aax Jungle Palace: One of the best loved attractions in Akumal, the Jungle Palace is a wildlife park and refuge for rescued animals, especially spider monkeys
- Yal-Ku Lagoon: For young children and those who would like the excitement of snorkeling without the adventure of ocean waves, the lagoon offers a very laid-back experience.
- Take an ATV adventure into the jungle: An ATV can take you places that your feet and traditional vehicles can't. Take a guided excursion and learn more about this ancient ecosystem.
- Go scuba diving: Like many of the popular vacation destinations in Quinta Roo, Akumal offers amazing scuba diving opportunities, especially if you're looking for turtles.
- Play on Akumal Beach: The fine sugary sand here is legendary and perfect for a day of swimming, sunbathing, or sandcastle building.
- Enjoy the night life: When the sun goes down and it's time to leave the beach, the restaurants and night spots here will be waiting. Enjoy live music and some of the most delicious Mexican cuisine you'll find anywhere.
The best way to experience the relaxation and adventure of Akumal is to rent a condo, beach house or villa for the duration of your stay. Whether you plan to settle in Akumal for your entire vacation or just a few days, it's easy to find rentals in Akumal at any time of the year.