- Egg Harbor View all rentals (17)
- Fish Creek View all rentals (13)
- Sister Bay View all rentals (10)
- Sturgeon Bay View all rentals (7)
- Baileys Harbor View all rentals (8)
Rentals Near Door County Attractions
Featured Door County Properties
1 / 13
Sister Bay house
3 BR / 3 BA / Sleeps 10
Sister Bay house
- 3 night min
About Door County
North of Sturgeon Bay, lies the peaceful and scenic vacation destination of Door County, Wisconsin. Even though it located in the heart of the American Midwest, Door County offers the best of a coastal getaway including sandy beaches, lighthouses, and distant sailboats. There are plenty of fun and relaxing things to do here, and the best way to enjoy it all is with a vacation rental. Find a vacation rental just a few steps away from the beach, surrounded by breathtaking natural beauty. In the morning, wake up as the sun rises over the lake and enjoy breakfast on your own private balcony, then plan the day's adventures at your own pace.
Go shopping and strolling through the downtown boutiques and art galleries, go sailing, or take a winery tour through the beautiful vineyard country along the coast. Be sure to save some time to relax in a spa, tee off on an emerald green golf course, and join the fun during Door County's annual festivals and parades. At the end of a day of sightseeing and fun on the beach, dust off the sand and retreat to your home away from home to host dinner for your family and friends.
Here are a few additional suggestions for your visit:
- Take a winery tour: Don't miss the award-winning vintages of Stone's Throw Winery or Door Peninsula Winery in Sturgeon Bay.
- Visit the Eagle Bluff Lighthouse: Climb to the top of this historic lighthouse in Eagle Bluff, about 13 miles along the coast from the heart of Door County.
- Visit the Door County Maritime Museum in Sturgeon Bay: See the exhibits of this fascinating local museum and learn more about the maritime history of the lake and the famous wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald.
- Play on the beach: Alpine Bay Beach and Nicolet Beach are two of the most popular and family-friendly beaches in the Door County area.
- Hike the trails: Explore the miles of trails through Peninsula State Park in Fish Creek. Go hiking or rent a bicycle and pack a picnic lunch.
- Visit the Plum Loco Animal Farm in Egg Harbor: This fun petting zoo makes a great destination for an afternoon, especially if you're traveling with children.
Door County offers an idyllic, memorable destination whether you're looking for a romantic escape or a fun family vacation. You'll never run out of things to do here, and you'll have no trouble finding the perfect vacation rental that offers all the luxury amenities you and your family need. While you're visiting Door County, consider taking short day trips south to explore Sheboygan and Sturgeon Bay.