Featured Lincoln Properties
The White Mountains are an excellent place to explore history, New England culture and breathtaking natural landscapes. Come here for a family adventure or a quiet escape. Nestled in the heart of New Hampshire's White Mountains, Lincoln and the neighboring towns of Woodstock and Franconia represent an image of life from an earlier time. Quaint side streets and shopping districts recall the simple lifestyle of historic New England, and several old railroads and covered bridges have been restored to keep this spirit alive. Lincoln also offers access to New Hampshire's beautiful White Mountains. This scenic protected wilderness area is the perfect place to plan a family vacation. Come here for the legendary skiing and snowshoeing trails during the wintertime, glimpses of migratory birds and rare wildlife in the summer, or a fireworks display of autumn color in the fall.
Here are a few suggestions as you plan your trip:
- Visit Clarks Trading Post: Explore the museums and unique shops in this stop along the White Mountains Central Railroad. Watch the acrobatic performance of the Seyranyan Family Circus and see the antics of the famous Clark's Trading Post bear.
- Play at the Whale's Tale Water Park: Splash in the giant wave pool and race through the tunnel waterslides of Whale's Tale. This is a great way to spend an afternoon if you're traveling with children.
- Travel the Hobo Railroad: Make your way along a scenic White Mountains' river near Franconia Notch in the elegant vintage cars of this restored railroad.
- Visit the Littleton Grist Mill: Established in 1798, the Littleton Grist Mill has become the center of the community that rose up around it. Visit the site and learn more about the history of New Hampshire's milling industry.
- Hike the trails: In the summer time, the White Mountains bloom with wildflowers. Hike to beautiful overlooks and catch sight of elusive wildlife. In the winter, go snowshoeing along secluded trails blanketed with snow.
- Go skiing and snowboarding: The perfectly manicured trails of Loon Mountain and Cannon Mountain draw ski enthusiasts and winter vacationers from all over the country.
It's never difficult to find a place to stay in or around the Lincoln area. Find a vacation rental or affordable condo in town for easy access to restaurants and shopping centers, or reserve a cozy secluded cabin in the mountains.