Featured Moscow Properties
Moscow is the center of Russia's politics, history, architecture, and business. Visitors can catch a metro from one side of the city where symbols of Moscow's past lie, such as the KBG Museum and Red Square, to the other where the lighter life of Boulevard Ring and Pushkin Square are actively thriving. There is plenty of arts and culture to enjoy at various museums and performances around the city as well as numerous opportunities for dining, shopping, entertainment, and taking in the vibrant nightlife. Outdoor enthusiasts can go hiking and biking while nature lovers check out wildlife and greenery at the many local parks and gardens.
Some of the attractions you will want to experience include:
- Red Square: A site formerly infamous for executions and military parades, the Red Square resides in the center of Moscow and is known the world over. It is surrounded on one side by Lenin's mausoleum and the Walls of the Kremlin and on the other by Russia's largest department store, GUM.
- The Kremlin: This is one of the city's most well-known political and historical landmarks. The walled-in complex includes government offices, palaces, and cathedrals. Several of these structures are open to the public, including the Armoury, the Patriarch's Palace, and the State Kremlin Palace.
- The Moscow Metro: This mode of transportation is an excellent way for visitors to navigate the city. It also features beautiful stations that are well worth a view.
- St. Basil's Cathedral: Constructed in the 1550s by Ivan the Terrible, this spectacular cathedral borders the Red Square. It includes nine distinct chapels, each of which is topped with its own individually shaped and colored dome.
- Tretyakov Gallery: This renowned museum showcases artworks by Russia's greatest masters, spanning the 11th to 20th centuries.
- The Armoury: Though its name is the Armoury, this attraction is actually a museum that features several national treasures. The Chamber protects many ancient state regalia, ceremonial weapons, and more.
When visiting Moscow, a vacation rental is a great way to experience the city. An apartment or condo downtown puts you near all the action Moscow has to offer while providing all of the amenities of home you need to have a relaxing getaway.