Featured Normandy Properties
1 / 29
2 BR / 1 BA / Sleeps 6
- Min stay varies
Bordering the English Channel, Normandy is divided into two sub-regions: Upper Normandy and Lower Normandy. Both have their own distinctive appeals, with Upper Normandy being home to some of the region's most scenic natural landscapes and architecture, and Lower Normandy being the site of the historic Allied invasion during the Second World War.
If you're taking a holiday in Normandy, here are some suggestions of things to do:
- Honfleur: A harbor town in Lower Normandy dating back to the 17th century, Honfleur is home to a world-famous wooden church and some of the most charming streets and neighborhoods in France. It makes an excellent day trip, and its charms may even entice you to stay longer.
- Giverny: The longtime home of famous impressionist painter Claude Monet, Giverny is a picturesque French town that makes an excellent day trip if you're staying in Upper Normandy.
- D-Day beaches: If you're in Lower Normandy, tour the beaches where the D-Day invasion occurred.
- The chalk cliffs of Etretat: Located in Upper Normandy near the town of Etretat, the chalk cliffs form into sweeping natural arches, creating a natural wonder.
- Les Andelys: A perfectly preserved medieval town, Les Andelys is a must-see for those interested in the region's architectural and historic heritage.
If you visit during the spring or summer, you can partake in cycling in Normandy, France or take advantage of the many Normandy campsites that get you up close and personal with nature.
Getting a Normandy vacation rental is the ideal way to experience the true charms of this beautiful corner of France. Vacation rentals are like having your very own home while you're on holiday; in Normandy, options include everything from villas on the beach and cabins in the countryside to apartments and condos in the city.
Normandy is ideally situated for exploring the English Channel region, including the islands of Guernsey and Jersey. You can also head southeast to Paris and be in the City of Light in a couple short hours.