The city of Henderson, just a short drive away from Las Vegas, has beautiful desert scenery, historical attractions, and a huge array of entertainment options, making the area one of the most popular vacation destinations on the west coast. Join the high rollers at the casinos along North and South Boulder Highway, or take in one of the performances from internationally renowned musicians at the theaters along Sunridge Heights Parkway.
Be sure to make time for some of these other must see attractions and activities:
- Ocean Spray Factory: Take a tour of the factory that makes one of the most popular drinks in America while trying free samples of some of their juices.
- Clark County Heritage Museum: Learn more about the art, history and culture of Henderson at this free local museum.
- Go gambling: All your favorite games can be found at one of the many casinos throughout the area including Sunset Station and Fiesta Henderson.
- Ethel M Chocolate Factory and Cactus Garden: Take two tours in the same location. See how Mars chocolate bars are made up-close and then tour the botanical garden on the grounds that feature over 100 kinds of cacti.
- Red Rock Canyon: Enjoy the breathtaking views and great hiking options at this canyon just outside of Henderson.
- Mojave Desert: Take a drive out into the wilderness of the desert for one of the best sunsets in the country.
Some of the most well-known musicians and actors stop through Henderson for live performances during the year, but the city also hosts some of its own unique cultural events as well including ArtFest of Henderson where you can enjoy the artwork of the best west coast artists every January.
A vacation rental is the preferred option for those staying in Henderson. Choose a home right next to one of the many casinos in the area, or opt for a luxurious villa with high-end amenities. There's a property available in just about every part of Henderson so you can be near what's most important to you for your getaway.
Henderson has enough going on to fill the vacation itinerary of most travelers, but if you'd like to see other areas that are within a short driving distance, the glitz and glamour of Las Vegas can be reached within 45 minutes by car.
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 homes and rooms around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.