Featured Connecticut Properties
1 / 17
1 BR / 1 BA / Sleeps 2
- Min stay varies
Long regarded as one of the most visually appealing states in the US, the big city attractions, rural beauty, and seaside destinations in Connecticut offer something for every type of traveler. Tour around the broad array of restaurants and nightlife in New Haven and the colorful scenery of New Milford and Torrington, or enjoy fresh seafood from the local fishermen in the seaside community of Stonington.
While you're in Connecticut, be sure to make time for some of these activities and must-see destinations throughout the state:
- New London: The historic seaport, local aquarium and beautiful harbor views make this an essential spot for anyone visiting Connecticut.
- Greenwich: The rural roads in Greenwich, lined with sprawling mansions, make for a great afternoon drive.
- Norwalk: The downtown area referred to as "SoNo" has some of the best restaurants in the state.
- Yale University: One of the most prestigious universities in the country, Yale offers free tours throughout the week of its beautiful campus.
- Go to the Casinos: Mohegan Sun and Foxwoods Casino are the two largest casinos in the entire country.
- Watch a Sports Game: Connecticut is home to several minor league pro sports team and a WNBA team known as the Connecticut Sun.
There's an endless array of cultural festivals held in Connecticut throughout the year. Enjoy Brazilian music and dancing at the Winter Carnivale in Litchfield in February, take part in the craft sales and maple demonstrations at the Hebron Maple Festival in March, or watch the fireworks and festivities during the Independence Day celebrations throughout the state in July.
There's no shortage of vacation rentals that will put you anywhere you'd like to be in this amazing state. Rent a luxury apartment or condo in a downtown area or book a cozy cabin in one of the more rural northern towns.
Connecticut has an extensive bus and train system that will take you to most of the major cities and towns throughout the state. If you'd like to explore other areas in the region, the city of Boston can be reached in an hour from the northern part of the state, and New York City can be reached in an hour from the southern part of the state.