Rentals Near Norway Attractions
Featured Norway Properties
1 / 58
Stange Municipality villa
4 BR / 2 BA / Sleeps 9
Stange Municipality villa
- 2 night min
Uniquely combining cosmopolitan characteristics with an exquisite countryside landscape, Norway offers travelers the best of both worlds. Theater, opera, galleries, museums, and historic structures can be found around every corner in Norway's major cities such as Oslo, its capital. Dining, shopping, entertainment, and a buzzing nightlife also add to the Scandinavian hipness that the country exudes. For nature lovers and outdoor enthusiasts, the big draws are the spectacular serrated fjords, isolated inlets, limpid bays, wondrous woodlands, and variety of wildlife found here.
During each season of the year in Norway, a variety of activities can be enjoyed, including hiking, biking, skiing, swimming, and sailing. Winter outdoor enthusiasts are often drawn here because to ski in Norway is such a unique experience. Throughout the spring, summer, and fall, Norway camping and hiking Norway are two popular activities that both visitors and residents thoroughly enjoy. And with the northern lights in Norway, stargazers are transfixed by the breathtaking beauty that makes up the evening sky.
Here are some of the attractions you will not want to miss:
- The Vigeland Sculpture Park: This park, created as an artistic statement by sculptor Gustav Vigeland, is known throughout the world as the center of the country's artistic landscape. It features over 190 sculptures relating to themes of relationships and life. Some of the highlights include "Angry Boy" and "The Monolith."
- The National Theater: Located in Oslo, this exquisite structure is home to the one of the largest and most renowned theatrical venues in the country.
- The National Gallery: This museum includes artworks that detail the country's history and its most celebrated artists, including Munch. There is also an international room that showcases paintings from Cezanne, Degas, Monet, Picasso, and more.
- The Oslo Opera House: A spectacular building to behold, the Oslo Opera House is home to the Norwegian National Opera and Ballet. It is situated at the top of the Oslofjord, a Norwegian bay, and its angled exterior constructed from Italian marble and white granite makes the structure appear to rise from the water.
- The Viking Ship Museum: Situated just up the street from the center of Oslo, this museum showcases three Viking boats and artifacts from them as well as a wealth of information about life in Viking times.
- The Noble Peace Center: Formerly an old train station, this center is a beautiful building that provides information about the life of Alfred Nobel and his achievements.
Norway offers something for every traveler. Book a vacation rental in Norway for your next getaway and make yourself at home in this beautiful country.